The purpose of England Netball’s Roses programme is to prepare England’s best players to perform when it matters most on the International stage, so that they can achieve their ambition of Winning after Winning (by winning the Commonwealth Games title in Birmingham) and then going where they’ve never gone before (by winning the Netball World Cup in Cape Town).
The role will provide the delivery and development of a range of performance analysis services for Roses coaches, selectors and athletes, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to create a world class high performance training and competition environment.
MAIN TASKS AND ACTIVITIES
Work with England Netball and the EIS technical interface to develop and deliver world leading performance analysis services to the Roses coaches, selectors and athletes.
- Use objective data and information across the performance data cycle to enhance the coaching process, impact performance decisions and improve athlete’s performance.
- Develop the skills and understanding of Roses athletes and coaches in order to maximise the benefits of Performance Analysis.
- Capture, prepare and analyse data and video pre, during and post training and competition. Please note the role will require a significant commitment to the demands of ‘front line’ delivery including extensive travel to major international competitions.
- Consistently produce effective and compelling analytical insights that can be maximised by the coaches and athletes.
- Manage and develop comprehensive performance databases (video & data).
- Capture and analyse performance data and evidence and present this clearly to selectors in order to enable robust selection decisions to be made.
- Interrogate historical data, identify future performance trends, and combine with coaching insight in order to build a robust and usable ‘what it takes to win’ model.
- Identify the performance benchmarks across the player pathway that would indicate that a talented player is on a trajectory towards future senior international success.
- Undertake analysis of key international opposition in order to inform Roses team development and preparation.
- Identify the learning needs of the wider domestic PA workforce, and provide education / CPD sessions to raise the standard of PA across the elite game.
- Work collaboratively within the EIS, with external partners and UK Sport to meet the needs of performance and amplify the impact of performance analysis support.
- Work within the rules of the relevant governing body’s (e.g. NGB, CGE, EIS) Code of Conduct, standards and guidelines.
The EIS is a dynamic, growing and fast-moving organisation that will offer you a flexible, positive, stimulating and challenging work environment with real opportunities to make the best better. Working for the English Institute of Sport brings its rewards not only in its salary and benefits package, but also in the opportunities for learning and career development.
Our generous benefits package includes:
- 29 days paid holiday per year (pro rata for part time roles) plus 8 bank holidays.
- Membership of EIS’s Occupational Sick Pay Scheme from your first day of employment.
- Automatic entry into BUPA health cash back plan for day to day expenses like dentist, eye tests, physio, etc.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Discounts on Shopping, Entertainment, Travel and Lifestyle services through our Benefits portal.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Tuesday 20 April 2021.
We are committed to creating an even more diverse and inclusive workforce that will bring different perspectives to our work. So that we can more closely reflect UK society, we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups including Black, Asian and people with other ethnically diverse backgrounds, those with a disability or long-term health condition and people returning to work after a career break.
We also understand the importance of maintaining a healthy work-life balance, so all of our roles are open to flexible working and, in many cases, remote-working too. We ask only that you work with us to find an arrangement that meets our sports and business needs and enables you to perform the role in full, in a way that works for both of us.