England Squash is the national governing body for Squash and Squash 57 in England and leads the development and delivery of the sport on a national and local level. It strives to help the sport grow and works collaboratively with partners and stakeholders to provide engaging opportunities, from developing grassroots programmes and resources, to producing world class athletes.
Over 200,000 people in England play squash each week and England Squash supports more than 600 affiliated clubs to prosper and create thriving and diverse playing communities.
England Squash runs a comprehensive calendar of events and competitions for all standards and ages at international, national, area and county level.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a highly respected and forward thinking NGB to lead the delivery and implementation of the strategic plan and help grow the sport at all levels. Reporting to the Board, core responsibilities will include:
- Full responsibility for the delivery of England Squash’s strategy, operational plans and performance.
- Through strong leadership and a high level of visibility, communicate clear strategic goals and inspire the delivery of first-class performance across all areas.
- Through proactive and visible engagement strategies across all core stakeholder groups, strive to create a thriving, diverse and growing squash community.
- Ensure the delivery of the High-Performance Programme and the associated targets for success on the international stage.
- Support the continued hosting of world class events to build the brand and drive engagement.
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of applications to secure public funding to support delivery of the England Squash strategy.
- Ensure the effective governance of England Squash, including appropriate management of public funding, compliance to legislation, facilitating and sustaining management processes, and ensuring best practice.
- To ensure that the core values of England Squash are embedded and used across the workforce and in all aspects of its work.
- Broad based experience of working at management level with a strong track record of strategic delivery.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, with experience of driving strategy and achieving outstanding results across all areas.
- An engaging personality who can build a high performing team, balancing a drive for results whilst instilling a culture of collaboration, innovation and support.
- Natural influencing skills with the credibility to nurture strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Degree qualification or vocational equivalent.
- Values-driven with a commitment to diversity and inclusion and driving sport for all.
- A strong understanding of the governance structures within sporting bodies and related organisations is desirable.
Interested candidates should send a covering letter, CV and details of current remuneration to Kit Taylor at Kit.firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 16 April 2021.