ABOUT ACCESS SPORT
Access Sport believes every young person should be able to take part in sport and physical activity in their local community. We want to help every community sports club be inclusive and open to children and young people no matter their age, background, ability or disability.
Access Sport support community clubs by training and supporting local volunteers to deliver inclusive sporting opportunities. We believe every young person have access to the power of sport!
ABOUT ACCESS SPORT YOUTH BOARD
The Access Sport Youth Board is a diverse group of young people, aged 16-25, who work as a team to feedback on the work by Access Sport and shape the future plans of the charity. The Youth Board brings together young people from across our projects and support them to develop as individuals and as a group to be involved with decision making and the development of the charity.
YOUTH BOARD MEMBER ROLE
As a member of the Youth Board, you will be part of a team of like-minded and passionate young people who want to make a difference. You will meet four times a year to discuss and share different topics which are important to you and align with Access Sport’s core delivery of work. You will be a representative voice and promote more inclusive opportunities for young people. You will have the opportunity to participate in larger events including our annual awards dinner and attend workshops and training, funded by Access Sport. You will also be heard and contribute to Access Sport’s wider delivery of work by sharing your opinions and experiences based on our projects.
- Commit and attend the four meetings across the year – either in person or virtually.
- Contribute your opinions, ideas and feedback at meetings.
- Uphold the Access Sport values: inclusive, empowering, passionate, honest and innovative.
- Be an organised and reliable team player to help the Youth Board achieve their goals.
- Have an interest in taking part in volunteering, training opportunities and qualifications.
- Be responsive and communicate with the Board and Kate and Sophie by email.
- Passionate about supporting others.
- Passionate about ensuring that the sport and physical activity is inclusive, accessible, and representative of everyone.
- Keen to learn and develop individual skills.
- A friendly and approachable manner.
- A good team player.
Inclusion is at the heart of Access Sport. Our vision is to ensure no one is excluded from the transformational benefits of community sport. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals who have lived experience of the inequalities that exist within sport. This includes disabled people, individuals from ethnically diverse communities, girls/women and those from an LGBTQI+ background. We are striving to be a charity that welcomes and values everyone.
To apply to join the Youth Board, please email email@example.com and attach:
- The Youth Board application form - visit www.accesssport.org.uk/join-the-team.
- An up to date CV.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday 23 February. Once your application has been received, you will receive a call from Access Sport to organise a further interview with the Youth Board in May, date to be confirmed.