The Professional Golfers’ Association is seeking applications for the role of Office Administrator working as part of a small team to provide administrative support to the Regional Manager and Tournament Staff in the day-to-day operations of the Regional Office.
This is a permanent full-time position and will be based at the offices of The PGA in England & Wales (North), Pleasington Golf Club, Pleasington, Blackburn, BB2 5JF. Duties will include provision of administrative/secretarial duties in the office to support Regional staff and receive, collate and create all Tournament entry forms. You will ensure Tournament entry/sponsorship fees are invoiced and payments are recorded in an accurate and timely manner. You will accurately input information onto Tournament management database and provide administration to support Tournament activities in the Region. Preparation of draws and tournament closures (e.g. award points and prizes) are part of the role. You will assist (when necessary) tournament staff at any PGA administered event. There will be general office duties, financial reconciliation, petty cash handling, tournament fees and pro-am entry fees. Assistance in ordering stationery support/equipment for office. Assist with all committee meetings to include organisation, drawing up and distributing agendas, minute taking and distribution. Assist with creating Member disciplinary letters. Assist in creation of Tournament files, ensuring files are complete and available for events. Handle general reception duties, telephone, email, letter and face to face enquiries. Co-ordinating regional CPD seminar entries/payments. Administer BlueGolf tournament system/managing public-facing pages to ensure accuracy and consistency.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent with a good level of numeracy and literacy;
- IT experience including Microsoft Office and Excel;
- Database management;
- Previous administration experience;
- Basic accounts and cash handling experience;
- Experience in taking, producing and distributing meeting agendas and minutes;
- Flexibility (essential);
- Ability to work as an individual or part of team;
- Good organisational and customer care skills;
- Ability to plan and prioritise work to meet strict deadlines;
- Good communication skills (written & oral);
- Ability to understand the needs of the business;
- Good attention to detail;
- Understanding of the profile of a membership-orientated organization (desirable);
- An interest in golf and the golf industry (desirable).
This is a permanent, full-time role (35 hours per week, Monday to Friday) and in addition to an attractive salary the Association is offering, after a qualifying period, private medical insurance and membership of the company pension scheme.
We welcome applications for this role via the request of a job description initially from Dawn Sales, Human Resources and Health & Safety Advisor then sending your curriculum vitae together with a covering letter which clearly articulates how you meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com. The closing date and time for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Friday 26 March 2021 and interviews will be held online on 1 April 2021.