Location: Home based.
The role requires frequent travel to various locations in Lewisham, Southwark and Greenwich, as well as visits to the Access Sport London Office (E2 6QF)
Contract type: Fixed term until April 2022, with the potential to be extended
Hours: 19 hours per week, 0.5 FTE
Closing date: 5pm on Friday 9 April 2021
Access Sport is looking for a Community Coordinator to support our Disability Inclusion Programme. The Community Coordinator will work closely with the London Project Leader to support the delivery of inclusive physical activity and sport in Lewisham, Greenwich and Southwark.
The Community Coordinator will support our vision to make disability inclusion the norm in sport, rather than the exception. Based with Access Sport’s team in London, the Community Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Delivery of multisport and physical activity to disabled and non-disabled people in schools (mainstream, specialist SEND schools and alternative provisions);
- Supporting local coaches and volunteers to deliver their own inclusive activity at existing community organisations in the field and online;
- Delivery of Access Sport’s YMCA endorsed Disability Inclusion Training in person and online; upskilling volunteers to adapt and deliver inclusive sport and physical activity to disabled and non-disabled people;
COVID-19 response and resumption of activity to develop and deliver innovative solutions to help disabled young people and families stay active and connected within their homes and local communities:
- Manage the monitoring and evaluation of the impact of inclusive sport and physical activity delivery within schools; responsible for collecting demographic and attendance data;
- Working alongside the Project Leader supporting the planning, delivery and administration of the project;
- Organising and coordinating events to bring together engaged schools and communities to celebrate inclusive sport and physical activity;
- Developing best practice and resources to share knowledge as to how to deliver inclusive physical activity;
- Supporting the development of new and existing inclusive community organisations in Lewisham, Greenwich and Southwark;
- Be an advocate and spokesperson for disability equality both within the charity and across the sector
The role will also include supporting the wider Disability Inclusion Programme team in their work, developing community sports clubs and organisations. This includes supporting the development of our two sport specific initiatives: Flyerz hockey and Wingz cycling.
To apply for the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach an up to date CV and a covering letter that explains why you would like the role and demonstrates that you have the required skills, experience and personal attributes (no longer than 2 pages of A4). Please also send a completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, which you can download from our website 'Join the Team' page.