- Knowledge and understanding of the role of a Director, or a willingness and the aptitude to learn;
- Knowledge or experience of the sport of orienteering is not necessary, though a passion for our vision and commitment to the development of the organisation and sport is;
- Empathetic listening skills;
- The ability to analyse and understand management information, including financial reports, and offer a constructive challenge to executives;
- Clear, constructive and concise communication;
- Strategic perspective, vision and ability to work positively within a team;
- Leadership behaviours that exemplify British Orienteering’s values and demonstrate an understanding of the responsibilities associated with the role;
- A good understanding and demonstrable commitment to the principles of equality, diversity, inclusion and safeguarding, and how these translate into policy and practice;
- A commitment to personal and professional development as a British Orienteering Non-Executive Director.
Required skills, experience and qualifications:
- Experience of operating at a senior level in a strategic capacity;
- Knowledge and experience of effective strategic planning and translating strategy into operational plans;
- Experience of monitoring, measuring and adapting operational plans in response to business needs;
- Ability to identify, build and maintain strong, transparent relationships with key stakeholders;
- Ability to support, challenge and work collaboratively with the Chair, Chief Executive and Board Members;
- Good working knowledge of diversity and inclusion, and/or a good working knowledge of safeguarding requirements
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
Application is by submission of a full CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing the role description, your motivation and values alignment. The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 19 February 2021. If you would like more information about the role or a confidential informal discussion please contact Peter Hart, CEO, at email@example.com.
Candidates who successfully progress from application stage will be invited to an interview which will be held via conference call w/c 15 March 2021. Independent Directors are appointed for a fixed term of three years, renewable for a further two terms of office.