The Kent FA is the governing body for football who governs, develops and promotes grassroots football across Kent.
It prides itself in being an innovative and forward-thinking organisation and these are exciting times as we embark on developing a new corporate strategy to reinforce the vision, and objectives moving forward for the next four years. The successful candidates will be instrumental in helping the Kent FA to deliver this.
We are seeking to appoint a PR and Marketing Non-Executive Director. This it to support the public relations function and marketing & communication processes of the Kent FA developing relationships with MPs, business, and local government leaders to promote the work of the Kent FA, to review all investment opportunities and enhance the brand of the Kent FA.
- To support the public relations function of the Kent FA by developing relationships with MPs and local government leaders to promote the work of the Kent FA;
- To support the marketing and communication processes of the Kent FA to review all investment opportunities and enhance the brand of the Kent FA;
- To maximise the commercial and sponsorship opportunities for the benefit of Kent FA;
- To support Kent FA senior leadership in embedding culture, diversity and inclusion throughout the organisation;
- To be an active board member, providing strategic oversight and constructively challenging and reviewing the Kent FA strategic plan.
- Serve as a director of the company and actively participate in its strategic management;
- Execute the responsibilities of a company director in accordance with the Companies Act (2006) and other relevant legislation;
- Safeguard the interests of the membership and stakeholders of the association;
- Establish clear objectives to deliver the agreed strategy and business plan and regularly review performance against those objectives;
- Constructively check, challenge, review and support the development of the Kent FA’s strategy and performance against objectives;
- Monitor, review and evaluate organisational performance against agreed objectives;
- Ensure efficient and effective corporate governance;
- Contribute to constructive debate on all board matters;
- Promote equality of opportunity throughout the association;
- Oversee the management of risk to the association, including matters of health and safety;
- Monitor the financial affairs of the association to ensure the effective use of financial and other resources;
- Review and approve annual operating and capital expenditure budgets;
- Ensure appropriate levels of resources to deliver the strategy;
- Use expertise, time and connections to support staff;
- Be a positive ambassador for football in Kent, representing the Kent FA;
- Act in the best interests of football in Kent and continually seek to improve the football experience for all;
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the board.
To apply, please download and complete the application form, detailing the role you're applying for, and the equality and diversity monitoring form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Friday 22 January 2021. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted on the week comencing 5 February 2021.