The Kent FA is the governing body for football who governs, develops and promotes grassroots football across Kent.
It prides itself in being an innovative and forward-thinking organisation and these are exciting times as we embark on developing a new corporate strategy to reinforce the vision, and objectives moving forward for the next four years. The successful candidates will be instrumental in helping the Kent FA to deliver this.
We are seeking to appoint an HR and Employment Law Non-Executive Director to support the Kent FA in its HR and people development practices as well as provide legal support where necessary.
- To support the Kent FA senior leadership in its HR, people development practices and provide a legal expertise;
- To ensure Kent FA fulfils its people commitments included in the Kent FA strategic plan;
- To support Kent FA senior leadership in embedding culture, diversity and inclusion throughout the organisation;
- To be an active board member, providing strategic oversight and to constructively challenge and review the Kent FA strategic plan.
- Serve as a director of the company and to actively participate in its strategic management;
- Execute the responsibilities of a company director in accordance with the Companies Act (2006) and other relevant legislation;
- Safeguard the interests of the membership and stakeholders of the association;
- Establish clear objectives to deliver the agreed strategy and business plan and regularly review performance against those objectives;
- Constructively check, challenge, review and support the development of the Kent FA’s strategy and performance against objectives;
- Monitor, review and evaluate organisational performance against agreed objectives;
- Ensure efficient and effective corporate governance;
- Contribute to constructive debate on all board matters;
- Promote equality of opportunity throughout the association;
- Oversee the management of risk to the association, including matters of health and safety;
- Monitor the financial affairs of the association to ensure the effective use of financial and other resources;
- Review and approve annual operating and capital expenditure budgets;
- Ensure appropriate levels of resources to deliver the strategy;
- Use expertise, time and connections to support staff;
- Be a positive ambassador for football in Kent, representing the Kent FA;
- Act in the best interests of football in Kent and continually seek to improve the football experience for all;
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the board.
To apply, please download and complete the application form, detailing the role you're applying for, and the equality and diversity monitoring form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Friday 22 January 2021. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted on the week comencing 5 February 2021.