Active Essex is the driving force in our county to increase levels of physical activity and sport, working to hard wire this into the systems around us, creating significant change in our attitudes and behaviours, and making regular activity part of our daily lives. Applications are encouraged from all areas of the community to help ensure that the Active Essex board is representative of the diverse society it serves.
Active Essex are looking for individuals who are able to operate at a senior strategic level, with experience of successful partnership working. It is important for this individual to take lead in driving forward participation in physical activity and to widen the sporting opportunities across Greater Essex.
Being passionate about sport and physical activity is important, but it isn’t enough. Active Essex Board members will provide strategic leadership, advocacy and management accountability for the partnership. Along with the Chair, you will act as ’champions’ within various spheres of influence by opening doors and creating links.
The current Chair and Board have identified the following sector experience, insight and connections required for new board members. Successful applicants will have expertise in one or more below:
Areas of expertise:
- Public Health;
- Local Government;
- Community Development;
- SME Business Community;
- Elite Sport.
We require a range of background skills from the list below:
- Political awareness;
- Data, evaluation, impact;
- HR and people development.
- Can command confidence and respect, and exercise influence across Greater Essex and nationally;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Experience of media and public speaking;
- Ability to build relationships with a wide range of partners;
- Skills in strategic leadership and negotiation;
- Skills in team work and diplomacy;
- Skills in managing people and resources;
- Personal integrity with commitment to maintaining high standards;
- Strategic thinker who is engaging.
How to Apply
In order to apply please submit:
- A current up to date Curriculum Vitae;
- A supporting statement detailing why you are interested in wanting to be a Board Member and why you are the best candidate for this post;
- The Skills & Knowledge Matrix form;
- The declaration form, which can be downloaded (completion of the equalities section is not mandatory, this is requested for monitoring purposes in line with our commitment to equality and diversity).
Please send your application, preferably in MS Word format by email to Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday 31 January 2021.