People and Governance Officer
This is a fantastic role for you if you enjoy getting the very best out of other people. Should you be successful, you will:
- Manage the day-to-day HR requirements of the organisation including staff engagement, training and development, reward and recognition and internal communications;
- Act as the first point of contact for customer enquiries by telephone or email, and second point of contact via post;
- Develop and deliver a volunteer strategy to maximize the potential of administrators within the sport;
- Deliver an Annual Awards event and other corporate functions;
- Support the delivery of the organisation’s governance, Diversity & Inclusion and safeguarding work.
You’ll be someone who has experience working in a people-orientated role, possibly within an HR or volunteer context. You will be passionate about supporting and developing, and have a natural ability to build relationships, encourage others and affect positive change.
You’ll be a highly-organised, team player and capable of managing your time across a variety of projects. Most of all you’ll be excited about the challenge of strengthening the bowls workforce and reputation of Bowls England.
Bowls England is the National Governing Body for Lawn Bowls, the form of the sport which is played at the Commonwealth Games. Over 100,000 people play bowls regularly within the 2000 bowls clubs nationwide. Our mission is to promote and develop the sport of bowls across England so it enriches the lives of its participants, connects communities and is in good health for future generations. We live and breathe our values, appreciate these qualities in others and look for these characteristics in new members of the team. If you’re collaborative, adaptable, responsible and encouraging, you’ll definitely fit in.
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV, together with a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role, to Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the job title as the subject.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 18 January and first round interviews will take place virtually during the week commencing 25 January.