Role: Events and Competitions Officer
This is the perfect role for someone who loves putting on a good show. Should you be successful, you will:
- Plan and manage the delivery of our bowls event programme liaising with relevant internal and external stakeholders and in line with agreed budgets;
- Be responsible for ensuring the delivery of an exceptional event experience for spectators, players and other client groups across all event levels, reviewing, setting and monitoring the service levels on an ongoing basis;
- Build and develop an event workforce of Bowls Makers to support the staff team deliver bowls events;
- Work with the Content and Marketing Officers to integrate the pre and post event experience, and develop insights for future improvements;
- Support the effective delivery of the annual competition programme and lead international events competition.
You’ll be someone who has a strong background working in events, ideally within the sports industry. You will be highly organised with an ability to manage projects across many work streams. You will be a people person with the skill to bring people together and motivating them to deliver under pressure. Understanding and developing customer journeys is important in any events role, as well as a proven track record of delivering fantastic experiences. You will understand the nuts and bolts of how events function and have experience of working effectively with external agencies. Most of all you’ll be excited about the challenge of creating bowls events that the sport has never seen before.
Bowls England is the National Governing Body for Lawn Bowls, the form of the sport which is played at the Commonwealth Games. Over 100,000 people play bowls regularly within the 2000 nationwide bowls clubs. Our mission is to promote and develop the sport of bowls across England so it enriches the lives of its participants, connects communities and is in good health for future generations. We live and breathe our values, appreciate these qualities in others and look for these characteristics in new members of the team. If you’re collaborative, adaptable, responsible and encouraging, you’ll definitely fit in.
To apply, please send your CV, together with a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for this role, to Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the job title as the subject.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 18 January and first round interviews will take place virtually during the week commencing 25 January.