Sport Birmingham is here to make a positive difference to people's lives through sport and physical activity. We are the city's strategic sports partnership, working as a leading charity to join up policy and investment with delivery partners who bring inclusive and accessible sport and physical activity to communities. We provide support through insight, knowledge and expertise to anyone in Birmingham working towards our vision of a more active city and a healthier place to live, learn, work and play.
The Board of Trustees plays an important role in the functioning and success of Sport Birmingham. We are looking for a new Trustee to bring marketing expertise to our charity and Board. As a Sport Birmingham Trustee you will be involved at a strategic level to ensure that the charity achieves the purpose for which it was set up and hold us accountable in delivering our strategic objectives and best meeting the needs of our community and stakeholders.
Each board member is expected to apply their specific skills, knowledge or experience to help the board reach sound decisions and make a practical contribution according to their particular knowledge, skills or experience. This will involve:
- Contribute to the oversight and delivery of the vision, strategy, values and policies of Sport Birmingham, in collaboration with the CEO and Trustees.
- Ensuring with the Chair and Chief Executive, that Sport Birmingham discharges its duties in a legal and effective manner.
- Scrutinising board papers, attending 4 board meetings per year, and participating in Board discussions to ensure effective governance.
- Bringing independent judgement to the decision making processes of the Board
- Ensuring that the planning and budgeting processes are carried out in accordance with the Articles and terms of Reference of the Company.
- Ensuring that Sport Birmingham establishes the necessary and appropriate policies and that these are implemented appropriately.
- Play a part to ensure appropriate communication takes place with all major stakeholders, including the membership and wider community.
- Represent and champion Sport Birmingham by being its advocate and ambassador for the sport at local, regional and national levels.
- Be a guardian of the reputation of Sport Birmingham and seek to ensure it is regarded as a supportive, respected and trusted body.
- Provide guidance and support to the Sport Birmingham Team in the performance of their responsibilities.
- Contribute to the Board's evaluation of its own performance and any action required to improve the performance of the Board.
To submit an application for the position please email the following documents to email@example.com by 4pm on Friday 30 October:
- Up to date Curriculum Vitae/biography;
- Cover Letter highlighting your motivations for the post and relevant experience;
- Completed Equal Opportunities monitoring form.
Sport Birmingham welcomes applications from black, asian and minority ethnic candidates, LGBTQ+ candidates, candidates with disabilities, and from women, because we would like to increase the representation of these groups within the charity, and bring more diverse perspectives, skills, experience and knowledge to our charity.