Together Active is a newly-formed charitable organisation (formerly Sport Across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent) working across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent. We exist to create active places and healthy lives through physical activity and sport. We are part of a national network of Active Partnerships, funded by Sport England and our local partners. We are looking to appoint an Active Places Manager with values strongly aligned to our own.
The Active Places Manager will ensure physical activity is embedded into local planning policy. They will influence and facilitate local agencies in their decision-making surrounding design, development and investment in facilities, open spaces and infrastructure.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To support Local Authorities in the review, planning and delivery of facility investment and leisure services, ensuring a strong link with their strategic vision and outcomes that connects to the wider health agenda.
- To work with local agencies to enhance the physical activity offer within our local green and blue spaces.
- To enhance Together Active’s connection to political decision-making around urban planning and development, ensuring we are well positioned to advocate for the role of physical activity within these plans.
- To advocate for and support the activation of local plans relating to walking and cycling.
- To provide leadership and support to the Together Active team on key aspects of infrastructure and capital investment programmes.
- To facilitate shared learning across Local Authorities in relation to strategic leisure planning and policy development.
- To monitor and evaluate the implementation and impact of each work area, obtaining KPIs and qualitative/quantitative evidence and reporting to Sport England, the Together Active Board and partners as requested.
- To manage the budgets for each work area, allocating resources as appropriate and monitoring expenditure on an on-going basis.
- To champion equality and diversity in sport and physical activity and to ensure it is embedded in this work.
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of duties but is intended to reflect the range of duties the post-holder will perform. The job description will be reviewed regularly and may be changed in the light of experience and in consultation with the post-holder.