The Professional Golfers’ Association (PGA) is seeking an experienced Executive to drive the growth of its Membership.
Established in 1901, The PGA’s mission is to improve the personal and professional lives of its Members through its strategic principles of providing world-class services, influencing and delivering through its Members and delivering exceptional prestige standards. As it diversifies its portfolio of Membership opportunities, The PGA is seeking to recruit a Membership Sales Executive to support its strategic delivery objectives and enhance the growth of new categories of Membership.
Reporting to the Executive Director – Business Development, the Membership Sales Executive’s duties will include:
- Being responsible for increasing Membership and revenue targets through the successful execution of the strategic sales plan.
- Utilising professional sales skills to perform calls, generate qualified leads and conduct external appointments.
- Recruiting prospective new Members and encouraging previous Members to re-join
- Working with relevant departments to guarantee all enquiries for new Membership receive the highest standards of service from initial enquiry to conversion to full Membership.
- Networking to obtain leads and build relationships with prospective, new and existing Members
- Managing sales activity, utilising the company’s CRM system.
- Working with the Education Department to help attract new students and assist with progression to enrolment.
- Conducting competitive marketing analysis for development of strategies for attracting new Members.
- Working with the marketing team and developing innovative strategies, including social media and emailing campaigns.
Having proven experience of Membership Sales within Golf, or a similar role, with an excellent understanding of business disciplines and a proven record of maximizing revenue and sales, the ideal candidate will be experienced in analysing trends and translating data into the planning and delivery of sales and retention strategy. The ideal candidate will be familiar with CRM/database systems whilst having previously worked within Golf, ideally within a Membership organization.
The ability to drive forward and deliver on opportunities for growth in revenue and Membership, having exceptional interpersonal skills with highly developed communication and external customer/stakeholder liaison skills is essential. Being a confident and natural presenter, who understands the needs and demands of The PGA, it’s existing and future Members and the Golf Industry, with excellent influencing skills and an ability to gain buy-in from multiple stakeholders are amongst the key competences to succeed in this role.
We welcome applications for this role via the request of a job description initially from Dawn Sales, HR Advisor, then sending your curriculum vitae together with a covering letter which clearly articulates how you meet the requirements of the role to Dawn Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications Thursday 17 September 2020.