Want to drive change? Keep reading.
There has never been a better time to join our charity as a Board member for Activity Alliance. The charity is in an exciting period and our new strategy needs dynamic Board members to turn our vision into reality.
Our philosophy of inclusion starts with our Board and works its way throughout our Alliance. We encourage diversity of thought and culture and want our Board to represent modern Britain in all its intersectional glory. We’re an energetic bunch with different life experiences, and you wouldn’t call any of us stuffy or boring. We pride ourselves on being quite the opposite.
Currently, our Board includes expertise in the commercial, sport development, disability, communications, health and education sectors. We are disabled and non-disabled people, who come together a minimum of six times a year. The Board meetings are professional, informative and we always have a laugh. Our Board enjoy making active lives possible alongside our enthusiastic staff team. Together we are a mix of ages and talents, and we are all people with a passion for change.
We are currently looking for three Trustees to strengthen some key experience and knowledge within the Board, so are keen to attract interest for the following roles:
1. As a sports professional, you will have one or more of these:
- A demonstrable presence in the sporting landscape across the UK
- Understand both the disability and mainstream operating structures
- Have operated in a sports organisation (could be in development, participation, disability programmes or other roles)
- Sport and inclusion expertise with real demonstrable knowledge on how to make sport and activity inclusive
2. As a finance professional, you will have one or more of these:
- A strong strategic finance background
- Formal accountancy qualification
- Knowledge of financial legal requirements and good practice (in either commercial or charity sectors)
3. Someone who thinks outside of the box and has one or more of these desirable skills:
- Knowledge of the health sector
- A background in public affairs
- Innovative and different approaches to life (work and/or play)
To apply please tell us about your life and experiences via a short (two page) biography and in addition please answer the following questions:
1. What is it about the Activity Alliance that makes you want to join us as a Trustee?
2. What skills, life experience and/or expertise would you bring to our Board?
3. What is unique or different about you that would bring a greater diversity of thought to our Board?
Applications can be accepted in written, video or audio format.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on 24th August. Interviews will take place early September 2020.
Please send your applications and equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org.