The PGA is seeking applications for the role of Tournament Controller (fixed term) for The PGA in England & Wales (South West).
The PGA’s vision is to improve the personal and professional lives of its Members. To assist with delivering its core objectives, the PGA is seeking to recruit a fixed term Tournament Controller based at it’s regional office at Woodbury Park Hotel & Golf Club, Exeter.
Reporting to the Regional Secretary, the Tournament Controller will support the Tournament Director to efficiently and competently plan and deliver the Regional tournament schedule on a daily basis for Members throughout the region, co-ordinating administration, delivery and activation of events primarily within the region but very occasionally throughout the UK as required.
Principal duties (as guided by the Tournament Director) include:-
- Delivering tournaments in the Region in line with standards, expectations and PGA policy.
- Conducting planning meetings and course inspections for each Tournament.
- Recording minutes and distributing accordingly to ensure all tournaments are planned, resourced to meet required delivery standards and the expectations of PGA Members, host venues, golfers and partners/sponsors.
- Preparing Local Rules and all relevant Tournament paperwork in preparation for the event (ie scorecards, pin placements, conditions, posters etc including BlueGolf)
- Supervising, administration and delivery including Tournament Staff on each Tournament day (ie registration, starting, recording, rulings, etc).
- Collating and posting results, conduct Prize-giving and any relevant presentations.
- Instructing Press & PR as agreed for the Tournament.
- Co-ordinating tournament support equipment.
- Deploying tournament staff and ensuring Customer Service standards are met.
- Occasionally driving the tournament vehicle to and from events as and when required.
- Responsibility for the operation of tournament management software (BlueGolf) and ensuring the accuracy of administrative and public facing information regarding tournaments.
- Supporting the Regional Secretary/Manager, Tournament Director and office staff when not at Tournaments.
- Telephone and digital communications with Members, Golf Clubs and Partners/Sponsors.
- Playing an active role in achieving Regional KPI’s designed to realise the PGA’s future vision (eg Member engagement, Financial targets, Benevolence & Welfare, Communication and realising commercial and playing opportunities)
As well as having a good knowledge of the game and structure of golf the ideal candidate will be a competent, knowledgeable player, working towards or having passed PGA/R&A Rules exams. Areas of experience will include: database management, IT, administration, communication, customer care and supervision of staff. Holding a basic first aid qualification and being able to spend time away from home is essential for the role.
Whilst this is a fixed term, full time role with the core hours of the business being 9 am to 5 pm Monday - Friday a large degree of working outside of these hours is expected with some weekend and bank holiday working.
If you would like to apply for this role please request a job description from Dawn Sales, HR/H&S Adviser, then send your curriculum vitae together with a covering letter which clearly articulates how you meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm, 21 February 2020, and interviews will be held 26 February 2020.