Established in 1901, The PGA’s mission is to improve the personal and professional lives of its Members through its strategic principles of providing world class services, influencing and delivering through its Members and delivering exceptional prestige standards.
Based at PGA National Headquarters, The Belfry, West Midlands the Executive Support Officer’s approach will reflect the high standards of The PGA brand.
Representing the positive and professional profile of the Chief Executive, both internally and externally, key duties will include:
- Providing a positive, professional, high level first point of contact to the Chief Executive/the Executive Office ensuring all enquiries, correspondence and communication is appropriately and efficiently dealt with.
- Providing an extensive and high-level administration support for senior meetings (including board meetings) to include: scheduling dates; booking rooms and catering; compiling agendas; taking minutes; drafting action plans; arranging access, travel and accommodation for participants
- Preparing reports, presentations and other communications on behalf of and with the Chief Executive.
- Managing specific projects on behalf of the Executive Office some of which may be of a complex, sensitive or confidential nature.
- Comprehensive and detailed diary/calendar management to include the understanding of competing priorities and identification of critical and time specific tasks to ensure successful cross departmental delivery.
- Organising all travel arrangements and providing associated detailed travel information for the Chief Executive (nationally and internationally) to include assessment of risks, research and advice on cultural norms, etc.
The successful candidate will have excellent administration skills having extensive experience of providing pro-active first line support at the most senior level. Advanced communication and IT skills commensurate with the delivery of high-quality presentations, reports, minutes, letters and other correspondence is essential. Basic financial administration and some experience of monitoring budgets would be advantageous, whilst past experience in managing multiple projects/tasks to meet strict deadlines is essential.
This is a permanent, full-time role working around the core hours of the business (9 am until 5 pm Monday to Friday). Commitment to working outside of these core hours however is essential to fulfil this role.
We welcome applications for this role via the request of a job description initially from Dawn Sales, HR and Health & Safety Advisor then sending your curriculum vitae together with a covering letter which clearly articulates how you meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on 21 February and interviews will be held on 26 February 2020.