It’s an exciting time for competition climbing and as we head towards the Tokyo Olympics, the BMC is looking for the right person to chair a new group to oversee our competitions programme, the talent pathway system and the GB Climbing Teams. The CCPG will cover all aspects of competition climbing (including paraclimbing) as well as ice climbing and ski mountaineering competitions.
This exciting voluntary role will encompass the work of both the BMC’s GB Climbing staff and the UK Sport-funded staff working on the medal support plan for climbing.
• Leadership: chair a strong, cohesive and effective group which represents the best interests of competition climbing.
• Consensus building: build consensus amongst CCPG members, the Board, National Council, key stakeholders and the wider membership to ensure the smooth running of GB Climbing.
• Performance evaluation: monitor and evaluate GB Climbing’s performance against agreed measures and report progress to the Board.
• Advocacy: promote and develop the reputation of GB Climbing both internally and externally.
• Standards: promote the highest standards of behaviour, integrity and probity across GB Climbing and its activities.
For more information on the role, please follow the link. The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 17th February 2020. Please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.