The PGA’s vision is to improve the personal and professional lives of its Members. To assist with delivering its core objectives, The PGA is seeking to recruit a Tournament Controller (fixed term), based at its regional office at Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire. Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Tournament Controller will support the Regional Manager and Tournament Director to efficiently and competently plan and deliver the regional tournament schedule on a daily basis for Members throughout the Region, co-ordinating administration, delivery and activation of events primarily within the Region but very occasionally throughout the UK as required.
Principal duties (as guided by the Tournament Director) include:-
- Delivering tournaments in the Region in line with standards, expectations and PGA policy.
- Conducting planning meetings and course inspections for each tournament.
- Recording minutes and distributing accordingly to ensure all tournaments are planned and resourced to meet required delivery standards and the expectations of PGA Members, host venues, amateur golfers and partners/sponsors.
- Preparing local rules and all relevant tournament paperwork in preparation for each event (i.e. scorecards, pin placements, conditions, posters etc including BlueGolf).
- Supervision, administration and delivery of events, including directing tournament staff on each tournament day (ie registration, starting, recording, rulings, etc).
- Collating and posting results, conduct prizegivings and making any relevant presentations.
- Working with the Tournament Director to deliver all press and PR, as agreed for each tournament.
- Co-ordinating tournament support equipment.
- Deploying tournament staff and ensuring Customer Service standards are met.
- Driving the tournament vehicle to and from events as and when required.
- Operating tournament management software (BlueGolf) and ensuring the accuracy of administrative and public facing information regarding tournaments.
- Supporting the Regional Manager, Tournament Director and office staff when not at tournaments.
- Communicating with Members, golf clubs and sponsors, as appropriate, using telephone and digital media.
- Playing an active role in the achievement of Regional KPI’s, designed to realise The PGA’s future vision (e.g. Member engagement, financial targets, benevolence and welfare, communication and realising commercial and playing opportunities).
As well as having a good knowledge of the game and structure of golf the ideal candidate will be a competent, knowledgeable player, working towards or having passed PGA/R&A Rules exams. Areas of experience will include: database management, IT, administration, communication, customer care and supervision of staff. Holding a basic first aid qualification is desirable. Being able to spend periods of time away from home is essential for the role.
If you would like to apply for the role, please request a job description from Dawn Sales, HR/H&S Advisor, then send your curriculum vitae together with a covering letter what states which role you are applying for and also clearly articulates how you meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday, 14 February 2020. Interviews will take place on Thursday, 20 February 2020.