The Laban Guild is undergoing an exciting period of development and requires a volunteer Secretary to support with the general administration of meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
We are a charitable membership organisation founded by Rudolf Laban in 1946 to promote and advance the study of Laban-based movement, dance and drama in a wide variety of contexts. We offer courses, masterclasses and events, in a diverse number of venues and educational settings. Our magazine Movement, Dance & Drama is produced 3 times a year for members.
The successful candidate will have a passion for supporting a charity based in the field of dance and movement with an ability to provide varied secretarial and office-based support to enable the smooth running of the Laban Guild particularly related to our meetings and annual AGM.
• Be a Trustee of the Laban Guild Council, acting at all times in accordance with the Council’s Constitution.
• Organise, prepare and administer relevant documents/paperwork for all Laban Guild meetings – including agenda, reports and all other relevant documents relating to meetings.
• Bring together and prepare relevant paperwork for the Laban Guild Annual General Meeting (usually in late April) • Receive correspondence and to distribute appropriately.
• Write letters on behalf of the Council when required to do so or as directed by the Chair.
• File and keep records of all paperwork in accordance with current GDPR Regulations and Policies.
• Update and publish an up-to-date list of members of Council.
For more information on the role, please see the full job description and person specification. The deadline for applying is 5pm on Monday 13th January 2020. To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Yael Owen-Mckenna at firstname.lastname@example.org.