- The successful candidate will be able to work flexibly with some degree of home working but will be expected to spend an agreed number of days per month at GB Boxing’s training facility at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield.
- The successful candidate will work under in tandem with GB Boxing’s Media & Communications Consultant, who has strategic oversight of all communications activities.
GB Boxing, the organisation which oversees the World Class Performance Programme (WCPP) for boxing, is seeking to appoint a Social Media Communications Executive to oversee its website and social media communications. The appointment will be a full time fixed-term contract from December 2019 to September 2020
Boxing is one of the oldest sports in the world and has featured in the Olympic Games since 1904. It also has a successful record of achieving Olympic medals winning one gold, one silver and one bronze in Rio 2016, three gold medals, one silver medal and one bronze medal at London 2012, one gold and two bronze medals in Beijing 2008, one silver in 2004 and one gold in 2000. The objective of GB Boxing is the delivery of medals in major international competitions up to and including the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris. British Boxing will need to continue to improve and develop the current performance programme to stay competitive in the international arena.
The Social Media Communications Executive will report directly to GB Boxing’s Media & Communications Consultant and shall be an important member of the support team.
- Manage social media and the GB Boxing website on a day-to-day basis and engage, via these channels, with key audiences and partners.
- Be responsible for updating GB Boxing website’s on a regular basis with new written content, imagery, video and news about the boxers and the organisation.
- Develop and implement a campaign of social media activity across GB Boxing’s channels which will raise awareness of the organization, the boxers in its squad and their achievements. The campaign will be in-tune with GB Boxing’s overarching communications strategy and aim to increase engagement with its audiences and drive increases in social media metrics.
- Work with the boxers and staff to harness their personal followings on social media and encourage them to support, amplify and increase the reach of GB Boxing’s campaigns and activities on social media.
- Draft copy, features and news stories for the GB Boxing website detailing the performances and achievements of the boxers and developments in the WCPP.
- Produce content (graphics, images, films, written material and posts) that showcases the boxers and the WCPP which can be distributed and shared via GB Boxing’s social media channels.
- Provide updates internally on analytics and metrics relating to GB Boxing’s social media channels and website and use these to influence future strategies to increase engagement with key audiences.
- Stay abreast of trends in social media and the digital landscape and ensure GB Boxing’s output reflects and takes advantage new developments.
GB Boxing is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community
How to apply:
Complete CV and covering letter, detailing all previous experience in a high performance or other similar environment and return to HR@gbboxing.org.uk
Deadline for application: 28th November 2019
GB Boxing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to vetting checks including an Enhanced DBS check and references. An overseas police check will be required by candidates who have worked or resided outside of the UK, in the last 5 years.
GB Boxing believes in fairness and equity and values diversity in all its dealings, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.