England Korfball is seeking new Board Members with Equality and Diversity and Fundraising/commercial strategy experience England Korfball is seeking new members for its Board to support the growth of thisexciting team sport.
The board wants to recruit two people of high quality withexperience/expertise in Equality and Diversity and fundraising/commercial strategyto add to the existing committed volunteers and help form and influence the strategic direction of the organisation. Korfball is an attractive, fast-moving, team sport played by men and women together extensively in Europe and the far-east.
The RoleBoard members can serve up to two consecutive three-year terms. It is anticipatedthat the time commitment is one to two days per month after the induction period.This includes attendance at up to six Board meetings and participation in at least oneof the Board committees/or work programmes. Face-to-face meetings are usuallyheld in London, but other meetings are usually by conference call.Expenses will be paid in accordance with EK’s expense policy.The duties of a Member are:
● To ensure that EK complies with its Rules and constitution and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
● To ensure EK applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objectives.
● To contribute actively to the role of the Board in giving strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets andevaluating performance against agreed targets.
● To safeguard the good name and values of EK. To ensure the effective andefficient administration of EK. To ensure the financial stability of EK.
● In addition to the above, each member should use any specific skills,knowledge or experience they have to help the Board reach sound decisions.This may involve scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives or on other issues in which the Director has special expertise.
How to apply
Complete an application and forward to Hannah.email@example.com
For an informal discussion of the post, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 11 November.