The Communications Officer will conduct media and digital communications for ParalympicsGB. Working with sports and athletes to promote the ParalympicsGB team selected for the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games and beyond within the media, researching and providing information for journalists and developing engaging content for digital channels.
The post-holder will be responsible for organising events and launches and will play a key role in team announcements, team launch and at Tokyo 2020.
The Communications Officer will support programmes of activity which seek to fulfil the organisation’s vision ‘Through Sport inspire a better world for disabled people’.
GAMES-TIME ROLE: All Games-time roles at the BPA will be discussed and agreed for each Paralympic Games, but there will be a requirement to travel to Tokyo for approximately three weeks in summer 2020.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES IN DETAIL:
- Responsible for BPA website content including copywriting, image and video editing including athlete biographies and sport information as required by the Digital Manager.
- Develop and oversee production of content including video, graphics and photography
- Write content for and support the delivery of publications and newsletters, including those required for Games time. Oversee social media community management
- Monitor the performance of the BPA website, including user journey analysis, page performance tracking, implementation of SEO processes, monthly reporting using tools such as Google Analytics.
- Compile weekly review and analysis of media coverage for the communications team
- Manage relationship with media monitoring agency, and other agency or supplier relationships where appropriate
- Deliver media and PR activity including at live events in support of the Communications Manager
- Manage media accreditation for Summer and Winter Games
- Develop materials such as briefings, presentations, press releases and meeting minutes
- Research and recce venues for events and PR activity and organise events
- Handle reactive media enquiries
- Support digital marketing plans including corporate partner activations, Parasport website and other new initiatives
- Working with the Commercial team to support fundraising communications for the organisation, working creatively to further develop and enhance BPA fundraising.
Planning and Databases
- Maintain and update communications databases as necessary
- Maintain and update communications team planners and other team-wide tools
- Provide administrative support to the Communications team as required