Salary: £18,400 - £20,400
We are now recruiting a Development Officer to join our small staff team. Reporting to the Head of Development, this role will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of Boccia England’s club development programme by supporting clubs in the development and maintenance of a strong club infrastructure on a national level. Additionally, this role will act as Safeguarding Officer, coordinating day to day safeguarding matters, escalating to the CEO where appropriate.
As Development Officer, your key duties will be:
- Coordinating, promoting and implementing our club development programme and Boccia England membership;
- Developing and maintaining strong club infrastructures through accreditation, club forums and supporting club volunteers;
- Coordinating safeguarding across the organisation ensuring a consistent approach across all work areas;
- Coordinating and assisting with a variety of boccia and club events throughout the year, including National Boccia Day and assisting at Boccia England competitions.
We are looking for an individual with knowledge of club development and safeguarding who has:
- Knowledge of disability sport;
- Knowledge of volunteering;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- Ability to be proactive;
- Ability to work on their own initiative;
- Ability to travel independently
We want to hear from people who are able to make a positive contribution to our charity and who will bring new ideas and insight. It’s an exciting position in a friendly and supportive working environment.
We positively welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds and with disabilities.
The role profile can be viewed here. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter outlining your relevant knowledge and experience, and what you could bring to our team to email@example.com, or post to Business Support Manager, Boccia England, Media House, Padge Road, Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 2RS.