Safeguarding and Protection Committee Members
Salary: Voluntary plus expenses
Location: National Tennis Centre, Roehampton
The LTA’s vision is Tennis Opened Up with the mission to make tennis more relevant, accessible, welcoming and enjoyable. In order to achieve this, it must ensure it is a safe and inclusive sport. We are seeking members for our Safeguarding and Protection Committee (SPC) from January 2020 for an initial period of three years. A minimum of two members of the SPC will be selected, on an ad hoc basis, to sit on SPC cases. The SPC take decisions on safeguarding cases within Tennis in Britain, ensuring a proportionate response to allegations of a safeguarding nature.
We are looking for individuals with knowledge of the sport of tennis, tennis coaching and its structures at national, county and club level to sit on the committee to be able to offer advice and guidance in this area, and any experience within the education sector or from within local authorities would be highly desirable. This is a voluntary role and as such there is no remuneration, however travel expenses will be paid in line with our expenses policy.
- Make reasoned and justifiable decisions in safeguarding cases.
- As part of a team, impart knowledge to enable the committee to make an accurate assessment of risk.
- Contribute to the development of safeguarding practice within Tennis and keep abreast of best practice in safeguarding in sport.
- Prepare thoroughly by reading and assimilating papers and reports.
- Ensure support for vulnerable witnesses and those accused of unsafe practice.
- Understand the impact abusive or discriminatory behaviour can have on children, young people and adults at risk.
More information regarding the requirements of the position and details of the appointments are contained on the full job description, which is available by clicking the link below.
Process and Timescales
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require any further assistance or have any questions about the role, please contact us at email@example.com and a member of our People Team will answer your query as soon as possible.
Please ensure that you submit both a CV and covering letter when applying by the 29 September 2019.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place in week commencing 4 November 2019.