Salary: Circa £20,000 per annum plus paid holiday, flexible working and benefits package
The Sport and Recreation Alliance believes that the power of sport and recreation can change lives and bring communities together. Together with our members and in partnership with the wider sector, we make the most of opportunities and tackle the areas that provide a challenge. We do this by providing advice, support and guidance and by being the voice of the sector. Working with Government, policy makers and the media, we help grassroots sport and recreation grow and thrive. Having an active nation is important as it delivers huge benefits to society and the millions of participants, volunteers, staff and spectators.
The Membership Administrator reports to the Membership Engagement Manager and is part of the Communications, Marketing and Member Engagement department (MCME). The role is responsible for our membership administration. This includes recruitment and retention of members and importantly, being the first point of contact for all membership queries and signposting to the relevant member of staff.
This is a key administrative role across all teams, specifically: communications, engagement, governance and policy. The role holder will need to understand the services we provide and be able to provide excellent customer service to our members.
It is a busy role with some responsibility, so it represents a good chance to learn and make your mark. The environment is very positive and fun as you would expect in a sporting organisation, but we work hard.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Deliver the day to day membership administration function, including organising the renewals and new member process including invoicing and chasing for payment, keeping the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system up to date and acting as first point of contact for all membership queries, support and booking any services, such as our governance consultancy services.
- Support the Membership Engagement Manager in delivering the engagement and recruitment plans, this includes supporting the MCME team on various communication activities as part of these plans.
- Provide administrative support for member meetings and provide support when needed for members using Holborn Tower meeting space.
- Provide administrative support to the MCME team on things like the annual Community Sport and Recreation Awards (CSRAs), Campaign Manager and Member events.
- Main contact with Sport:80 for our membership CRM platform and Do-it.Life for the Volunteer and Opportunity Finder.
- Assist the Membership Engagement Manager in delivering the activities listed in the operational plan.
- Attend Membership events and engage with members.
- Accompany the Membership Engagement Manager from time to time on visits to members (Note – Tom may choose not to do this very often but I think it’s helpful to make it clear that we might want them to be out of the office if we see fit)
- Any other administrative duties as reasonably required by Line Manager
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, with some experience of being the first point of contact via email/telephone;
- Superb organisational skills with some administrative experience;
- Good time management skills with an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously;
- Experience of being a self-starter and the ability to work on own initiative;
- Good interpersonal skills and able to be a team player, always willing to support colleagues to achieve broader team objectives;
- Knowledge and experience of working with MS Outlook, Word and Excel and using a CRM system;
- A commitment to their own personal learning and development.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working in a membership organisation;
- Experience of a Content Management System (CMS) and basic website editing;
- An understanding of the role and remit of NGBs and the wider physical activity and recreation sector.
How to apply
To apply, please send an Application Form to email@example.com ensuring you complete the supporting statement section. Please include a CV. You can also write to HR, Sport and Recreation Alliance, 5th Floor, Holborn Tower, 137-144 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6PL. For an informal discussion about the role please email Tom Morgan at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Sunday 15 September 2019.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 26 September 2019.
The Sport and Recreation Alliance is committed to equal opportunities for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships. The Sport and Recreation Alliance is keen to further increase the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Prior to completing and submitting an application, please refer to our privacy notices on our website.
Recruitment Agencies - Please note we are only looking at direct sourcing for this role and if this were to change, we will contact our preferred agencies directly. Due to the volume of approaches we are receiving, we kindly ask that you refrain from inquiring about this role.