Project Coordinator Babi Actif
Salary: £25,000 a year
Location: Caban, Brynrefail, North Wales
Proposed role, and remit:
Snowdonia-Active is a social enterprise and creative consultancy, established is 2001 with the aims of supporting and developing the outdoor sector in North West Wales. Snowdonia-Active is now at the forefront of strategic and sustainable development of the outdoor sector across Wales, achieving positive change and recognition for the sector at a national level.
Snowdonia-Active is looking for a self driven, experienced project coordinator to deliver this exciting new project. Babi Actif aims to create a culture of active families by supporting parents and children to get active during baby’s first 1000 days (conception to age 2) by delivering a range of active interventions designed to overcome real and perceived barriers to getting active outdoors with small children and during pregnancy.
Statistics show that there are considerable health problems and alarming levels of inactivity across the population of the three counties: Conwy, Gwynedd and Anglesey and that there is no provision to support parents be more active during the crucial period, conception to age two. A growing body of evidence suggests that earliest interventions to influence parental behaviour are the most effective yet there are still limited resources put into this phase. Across Wales there is currently no coordinated provision to support parents to be active during the first 1000 days of their babies life.
The project is funded for three years through the Health and Active Fund, jointly supported by Welsh Government, Sport Wales and Public Health Wales. The aim of the fund is to improve people's mental and physical health by enabling them to adopt healthy and active lifestyles.
Babi Actif sessions will be delivered across Conwy, Anglesey and Gwynedd and include:
- A diverse programme of organised activities that improve health such as pram walks, sling walks, confidence building taking babies outdoors and outdoor sensory play. Sessions will have an emphasis on sharing skills, fostering confidence and engaging community. Sessions will be a mixture of taster sessions, 6 to 8 week courses and weekly drop in sessions.
- “Things to do before you’re 2” campaign - The campaign will be positive, creative and quirky - even walking in the rain can be fun if you turn it into a group puddle splash! By mixing creative fun content with eye catching imagery and practical tips on being active with baby we will get people talking and doing!
The strategic outcomes of Babi Actif are to:
- Improve the perceptions of new and expectant parents towards getting outdoor and active with small children
- Increase physical activity levels in new and expectant parents and babies
- Improve health and well being in new and expectant parents and babies
There is a strong research aspect to this project. Bangor University will be conducting the evaluation for Babi Actif.
The project officer will:
- Organise a programme of active, outdoor interventions for new and expectant parents across Anglesey, Gwynedd and Conwy.
- Procure activity sessions in accordance with relevant qualifications.
- Assist with activity sessions (sessions will be delivered by an activity provider)
- Organise data collection for project evaluation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with project partners. Work with project partners to collaborate on joint initiatives and ensure the project complements existing provision happening in the area.
- Manage the production of the ‘Things before you’re two’ resource pack working alongside the designer.
- Work with Bangor University to adapt the project accordingly dependent upon monitoring and evaluation outcomes.
- Investigate further partnerships to support the project and grow awareness of being active during baby’s first 1000 days.
- Be responsible for project social media, marketing and publicity.
- Write website content and liaise with web developer over Babi Actif website.
- Write reports to communicate monitoring and evaluation outcomes and to meet funding requirements.
- Be willing to work flexibly and occasional unsocial hours.
- May be required to assist in other areas of the organisation as directed by line manager
Qualities & experience:
- An effective communicator; excellent written, communication and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong appreciation of research methodology
- Experience working in one or more of the following sectors: health, voluntary, education, community, outdoor
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Able to network and collaborate with a range of organisations and individuals
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to be able to take a pro-active approach
- Ability to work under pressure
- Current driving license/own vehicle
- Able to work flexibly around the post, may be required to work outside of normal office hours
- Knowledge of the local area in terms of its use for the delivery of outdoor activities and required qualifications
- Social media experience
- Project management experience
- Experience making and delivering presentations
- Budget management experience
- Able to communicate through the medium of Wels
How to apply
For more information and how to apply, please click here.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 27 August 2019
Applications should include a CV and cover letter explaining your suitability for the job and the qualities you would bring to this post.
Interview to take place w/c 2 September 2019 at Caban, Brynrefail.
If you have any questions on the role please email or phone Catherine Williams on 01286 685502.
Job description available in Welsh on request.