Non-Executive Directors / Trustees
Do you have what it takes to make a difference to Cerebral Palsy Sport, the country’s leading national disability sports charity supporting people with cerebral palsy and other physical disabilities?
We wish to recruit voluntary non-executive Directors / Trustees, for an initial three-year term, to our Board of Directors. We are seeking individuals who can help support the development of the charity’s strategic direction and impact by putting people with cerebral palsy at the heart of everything we do.
Our vision is to support people with cerebral palsy to reach their life potential through sport and active recreation. Our mission is to improve quality of life for people with cerebral palsy and other physical disabilities through sport, physical activity and active recreation. Our aim is to raise aspirations, promote inclusion and support people with cerebral palsy and other disabilities to play, participate and enjoy sport and active recreation.
You would need to be able to make a commitment to Cerebral Palsy Sport and devote the necessary time, have strategic vision, independent judgement, an ability to think creatively and a willingness to speak your mind.
In particular, we are seeking voluntary Directors / Trustees who may have a range of skills and experience including Financial / Accounting, Leadership and Management within the Third Sector; Sports Development knowledge and disability experience. We actively welcome candidates with a disability.
Ideally, the successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- A track record of meaningful roles in the private, public or voluntary sector
- The ability to operate at Board level in a national organisation effectively
- Ability to think creatively and strategically; the skills to challenge current thinking at Board level
- The time commitment needed to make a difference to the Charity
- A good understanding of the role that disability sport plays in society
- A clear commitment to improving diversity and equality and understanding the needs of under-represented groups in sport
For more detailed information about Cerebral Palsy Sport and a list of the current Directors, please visit our website: http://www.cpsport.org/about-us/our-organisation/
How to apply
For applications details, please download the information pack below:
If you would like to apply for one of these roles, please complete all sections of the application form and monitoring form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 23 August 2019