Director of Finance and Corporate Services
The Director of Finance and Corporate Services is a senior executive role within the BPA, working extensively with the Executive Team and BPA Board. Its prime function is to ensure the BPA is able to demonstrate effective and robust financial management and practices and be able to resource its activity in the short term and plan effectively against proposed resource in the medium and long term. In addition, the role works with staff and contracted suppliers as required providing world class support to the organisation in terms of Governance, HR, IT, legal and office administration, ensuring a service culture in the Finance and Corporate Services team. In the absence of the CEO, the Director of Finance and Corporate Services will act as the Accountable Officer for the organisation.
- Provide support and advice to the Chief Executive Officer in delivering all organisational objectives and policy.
- To play an active role as a member of the Executive Team, actively participating in discussion and decisions relating to the organisation as a whole, including at Board level.
- To be the key and primary source of professional advice and guidance to the Chief Executive and Executive Staff on all financial issues. Providing support to the Chief Executive and Board (including the Finance and Audit Committee) in delivering BPA objectives. Assist in analysing and identifying new strategies for growth.
- Ensure the BPA Group of companies operates according to applicable regulatory, legal and other externally mandated requirements, in accordance with its own financial procedures.
- Lead the process of setting and forecasting monthly, annual and four yearly cycle budgets.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly management accounts with commentary summarizing the Group’s operational departments’ financial position and performance. Developing and managing cost control and management information systems as appropriate.
- Responsible for the preparation of the Group’s annual accounts and year-end audit process.
- Implement, review and maintain financial policies, controls and procedures.
- Identify short, medium and long-term funding and cash flow requirements across the group. Be familiar with all fund-raising instruments and have the ability to advise on appropriate strategies.
- Oversee the organisation’s cash balances, optimising returns from prudent investments and making arrangements to hedge against foreign exchange exposure.
- Understand and analyse the BPA Group’s corporation tax and VAT position to ensure effective tax planning.
To work closely with the CEO to ensure that the BPA meets its legal and regulatory requirements as a registered charity and company limited by guarantee.
To lead on risk management processes and the BPA’s programme plan, ensuring that:
- Risk is accounted for in the BPA’s decision making.
- The organisation is not exposed to unnecessary or excessive risk.
- Activities are recorded and monitored via the BPA’s programme plan.
Attend, participate in and lead on the preparation for, and organisation of, meetings of the:
- Finance and Audit Committee
- Remuneration Committee
- National Paralympic Committee
Provide support and advice to colleagues for the administration of the Groups’ governance structure.
- Lead on all aspects of Human Resources in line with the BPA’s strategy.
- Manage external consultant activity, including payroll, salary and benefits provision, recruitment and retention processes and strategies, and performance management.
- Act as Lead Equality Officer for the BPA, and ensure continued progress against the Equality Standard for Sport.
IT, Legal and Office Administration
- Manage all internal and external consultant activity with regard to IT solutions.
- Act as the BPA’s Data Protection Representative, overseeing compliance with GDPR and the effectiveness of information security controls.
- Manage the organisation’s relationship with external legal advisors
- Ensure the BPA office is at all times administered effectively, efficiently, and safely – working with the British Olympic Association (landlord).
How to apply
Please visit the SRI website to apply
Closing date for applications is 23 August 2019