BIS is now looking for an individual with the experience, skills and drive to join the company as Development Officer and to both push forward existing programmes and bring creativity and initiative into the development of the sport in the UK. This role will be the most outward-facing position in the development arm of the business, combining working from the office with meeting rinks, clubs, coaches and other partners across the length and breadth of the UK. Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders will be key, as well as being able to see projects through from start to finish. The successful candidate will be joining a small, friendly, dynamic team, which works to support and promote the sport, to engage ever more people in ice skating and help them to reach their potential.
Key Skills and Attributes
• Good computer skills and experience in using all MS Office products
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Planning, research and presentation skills
• Financial acumen and understanding of budgets
• Ability to deliver multi-faceted projects, often running in tandem
• Proven relationship-builder with diverse groups
In line with our Equality and Diversity Policy we are keen to achieve a more diverse workforce and would welcome applications from those communities under-represented in sport, in particular people from ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and women. BIS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
How to apply
Please see the attached role description and person specification for details of the role and the skills, qualities and attributes needed.
To apply, please send:
1. A covering letter that explains what motivates you to apply and how you meet our requirements
2. Your CV
3. The completed Equality Monitoring Form (found at http://www.iceskating.org.uk/index.cfm/governance/job-vacancies/)
The closing date for applications is Monday 26th August 2019
Interviews for short-listed applicants will provisionally be held on the week commencing 2nd September 2019