Tennis Development Committee Chair
Salary: Voluntary plus expenses
Location: National Tennis Centre, Roehampton
The Tennis Development Committee (TDC) plays a key role in supporting the evolution and delivery of the LTA’s Participation strategy.
The TDC are the vehicle for LTA Councillors, volunteers and other stakeholders to engage with the LTA Executive on designated key strategic initiatives within the participation area, from initial concept through to implementation of all aspects of the participation strands of the LTA strategy. The TDC make recommendations on the effective execution of the participation strategy, and provide selective advice and input as required to related participation matters and changes that may affect the LTA Councillor and volunteer network. They are are also critical in surfacing the views and sentiment of all aspects of the game from clubs to the parks, and are lead activists in supporting delivery of local plans within their communities.
About the role
The TDC Chair will provide effective leadership to committee members and ensure they are aware of their obligations, and that the committee complies with its responsibilities.
The successful applicant will have a solid understanding of the sporting landscape, participation trends (ideally tennis), and an understanding of acquisition and retention models in sport. To ensure the Committee is effective the Chair will need to be an excellent communicator, coach and leader, and have the ability to communicate and influence a wide range of stakeholders.
The chairperson of the TDC will also be an LTA Board Member and so will need to have the ability to be flexible in their approach between being a Chair and a participant.
- Lead the TDC in considering matters referred to it by the Board, and ensuring value and insight is delivered through informed challenge and debate of plans, proposals and budgets
- Work effectively with the LTA Participation Director to ensure relevant resources are provided for projects
- Ensure the TDC provide effective engagement with LTA Executives and Councillors and work streams drawing on these LTA Councillors, Executives or other appropriately skilled external individuals or specialists, as appropriate related to specific Board requests
- Lead the TDC in providing effective challenge and support (both at meetings and outside of formal meetings) to members of the LTA Executive Team in the execution of the LTA’s participation strategy
- Ensure there is an effective link between the TDC, Councillors and other British tennis stakeholders, as well as actively identifying opportunities for consultation, involvement and networking
- Provide an annual report to the Board and Council on the activity of the Committee and its work streams
- Ensure there is contact between the TDC and Counties, clubs and other domestic venues of a programmed basis in order to monitor the implementation and effectiveness of policies
- Drive the effective development of Councillors to increase their capability to contribute as members of the Tennis Development Committee and potential voluntary leadership of the LTA
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require any further assistance or have any questions about the role, please contact us at email@example.com and a member of our People Team will answer your query as soon as possible.
Please ensure that you submit both a CV and covering letter when applying by the 18 August 2019.
Interviews will take place in week commencing 9 September 2019