Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
British Wheelchair Basketball is the National Governing Body for Wheelchair Basketball in the United Kingdom and is a company with charitable status. The organisation is responsible for the strategic leadership and development of wheelchair basketball in the UK, the development of competitive structures and the management and selection of the National Teams.
As an Executive Secretary (ES) you will work closely with Chief Executive and Board of Directors to provide administrative support, usually on a one-to-one basis for the CEO & Chair, and committee support for the Board of Directors.
Discretion and confidentiality are integral to the success of the role.
Day to day tasks are likely to include:
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing
- Arranging domestic and international travel, visas and accommodation
- Minute taking at Directorate, Board, AGM, FRAG, PAG, Participation and Performance meetings – with timely delivery of minutes post meeting.
- Booking of Meetings including attendee correspondence and logistics, room booking, refreshments, attendee briefings etc
- Diary Management for CEO and Board (to include appointment making)
- Liaise with senior staff, Board and partners/suppliers both inside and outside of the organisation regarding a variety of matters (often of a highly confidential nature).
- Handle correspondence (both paper based and electronic) to include opening, prioritising, distributing, composing and preparing either independently or under direction.
- Collating, producing and circulating documents, briefing papers, Board packs, reports and presentations to identified personnel and within deadline.
- Meet and greet visitors (at all levels of seniority) maintaining a welcoming and inclusive environment.
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling when appropriate
- Attendance at meetings (may include travel) to take notes or dictation and to provide general assistance including ensuring smooth IT set up and presentations.
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings
Project based tasks
- Carrying out specific projects and research
- Taking responsibility for processing sales invoices and debtor collection
We are specifically looking for:
- Proven track record in an administrative role.
- Excellent IT and Office skills – including knowledge of a range of software packages.
- Great organisational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role and a CV to British Wheelchair Basketball email@example.com.
Closing date for application is Monday 19 August 2019
Interviews will be held on Thursday 22 August 2019 (Loughborough)
BWB is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications irrespective of age, disability, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation.