Marketing & Communications Officer
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
British Wheelchair Basketball is the National Governing Body for Wheelchair Basketball in the United Kingdom and is a company with charitable status.
The Marketing & Communications Officer will support the organisation in the communications, marketing and broadcast of British Wheelchair Basketball’s events, competitions, initiatives, deadlines and GB teams.
The role will bring to life the sport of wheelchair basketball, delivering a dynamic content calendar via digital platforms engaging participants as well as appealing to fans of the sport.
The role will embrace new innovative and creative opportunities to create engaging digital content and confidently deliver a comprehensive communications calendar across all platforms.
The role will also include event promotion, corporate communications and public relations tasks.
The role will include regular weekend and out of hours working with the potential for UK and overseas travel.
The priorities for the role are:
- Promotion of the BWB competitive leagues – proactively generate engaging content including (but not limited to) game footage, statistical analysis, weekend round-ups and player analytics.
- GB Performance Programme Promotion – creatively develop and share the phenomenal success of our GB teams including Squad Announcements, Competition, Training Camps, Events and Appearances.
- Delivery of sport centric content calendar – lead the development and delivery of the digital content calendar ensuring that wider sport messaging is effectively communicated including (but not limited to) skills, classification, workforce, safeguarding.
- Marketing and communications event support – proposal and creation of fan engagement opportunities to maximise attendance at BWB events and retention of fans.
- Event Comms Delivery – On day event communications
- Digital Platforms – to build and nurture BWBs online profiles with channel specific content. Including establishing a strong Instagram presence and building the sports YouTube channel. To ensure that the BWB website is up-to-date.
- Event Support – To provide event support to the League and Competitions Manager and oversee, where required, production of event collateral/branding.
- Content Generation – To generate and deliver stunning digital content. To include the filming and editing of long and short form multimedia, editing of game footage, and creation of highlight clips (from third party or own filmed content).
- Reporting – Generation of data lead insight reports identifying trends, benchmarking year on year progress, areas of success and key audience driver.
We are specifically looking for:
- A strong interest in sports and specifically team sport.
- Proven track record of creating engaging innovative digital content including film, photography, graphical and written communications.
- Thorough understanding of digital communications channels including the planning and delivery of content.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements of the role and a CV to British Wheelchair Basketball email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Monday 19 August 2019
Interviews will be held on Friday 23 August 2019 (Loughborough)
BWB is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications irrespective of age, disability, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation.