Training Executive – Golf Coaching Development
Location: PGA National Training Academy, The Belfry, Sutton Coldfield,
The Professional Golfers’ Association is seeking an experienced and qualified individual to support the development and delivery of its Coach Education
The Professional Golfers’ Association is one of sports most recognisable and respected global organisations that has over 8,000 members working in over 80 countries around the world. We deliver industry and academic focused programmes for aspiring PGA Professionals and industry professionals, and are proud collaborative partners with the University of Birmingham and the University of Highlands and Islands. The PGA’s unique programmes are the only education routes that lead to membership of the world’s oldest PGA.
Based at the PGA National Training Academy, The Belfry, Sutton Coldfield, the successful candidate will work with a dynamic team, co-ordinating the day to day operations, development, delivery and assessment of coach education programmes at Level 1-4.
Working under the direction of the Head of Coaching & Sports Science (HCSS), the individual will be required to (amongst other things): -
- Assist the HCSS to recruit, train, support and retain an appropriate Coach Education workforce (inc. Tutors, Assessors and Internal Verifiers) to deliver Levels 1 to 4
- Co-ordinate and deliver a programme of coach education, development and support to meet development and performance objectives
- Work in conjunction with our Awarding Body (ASQ) to ensure the PGA continues to meet quality assurance standards
- Provide quarterly qualification reports to PGA, ASQ and other bodies as required
- Monitor and standardise delivery, assessment and verification practice to ensure the ASQ standards are met
- Gather a representative sample of delivery, assessment and verification decisions and candidate evidence to ensure quality assurance requirements are met
- Co-ordinate and support the Coach Education Administrators to establish annual coach education programmes in line with identified need
- Develop, produce and upload learning materials via the MS Office packages on to the Learning Management Systems (LMS). These will include pdfs, webinars, online assessments, and videos, etc.
- Set up and administer meetings with tutors, assessors, markers, partners and others as and when required
- Develop, monitor, support and provide mentoring opportunities for a network of tutor/assessors to enable the effective delivery of appropriate coach education across GB&I
Experience that is essential for the role includes: background in coach development, coach education, and/or sports development; experience of providing development support to organisations (e.g. National Governing Body, Sports Partnerships, Local Authority, schools); experience of working independently and evidence of the ability to self-manage workload to meet multiple deadlines; IT literate using a range of packages including MS Office; experience of working within the golf industry (desirable)
This is an outstanding opportunity for the successful candidate to gain experience within an organisation that delivers cutting-edge education. In addition to a competitive salary, the Association is offering membership of the PGA pension scheme and (after a qualifying period) membership of the private healthcare, group income protection and group life assurance schemes.
This is a permanent, full-time role working 35 hours per week around the core hours of the business (9 am until 5 pm Monday to Friday).
How to apply
To apply please register your interest initially by requesting a job description for the role then forward your CV and a covering letter that clearly articulates how you meet the requirements of the role to Dawn Sales, HR/Health & Safety Advisor: email email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Wednesday 7 August 2019
Interviews expected to take place at the PGA National Training Academy in late August.