Location: Salford, Greater Manchester
The Chair and directors of the British Wrestling Association are looking to appoint a Chief Executive.
The new person will not be expected to have an in-depth knowledge of wrestling but will have an understanding of the way Olympic sports operate in the UK arena. He or She will clearly have an abiding enthusiasm for sport. We anticipate appointing a person who is looking to make an impact, perhaps for the first time as Chief Executive, having worked at a senior level in sports administration and management.
The new CE will provide effective strategic, operational and leadership support to the BWA Board and, of course, be responsible for the leadership and management of a compact executive team.
• You will be responsible for the delivery of the British Wrestling Association (BWA) strategy.
• You will be required to create and deliver the next strategic plan with the BWA Board.
• You will provide effective strategic, operational and leadership support to the RE Board.
• You will be responsible for the leadership and management of the executive team.
• You will ensure the continuous financial sustainability of the BWA by securing public and private sector partner funding.
• You will need to forge strategic partnerships at national level.
• You will act as an effective Board member by supporting the Independent Chair to ensure good governance.
• You will work on maintaining the highest standards of operations.
• You will act as an accountable officer to Sport England and UK Sport and support by providing governance evidence to Sport England/ UK Sport governance code.
• You will raise the profile of British Wrestling within the sport sector and externally with key stakeholders.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send your CV with your cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 12 July 2019
Interviews will take place on 5 August 2019