Location: Cambridgeshire & Peterborough
Living Sport is looking for experienced and high performing individuals with strong networking and influencing skills and an ability to think creatively and strategically to become Trustees of Living Sport.
Living Sport is particularly interested in Trustees with experience in:
• Local Government, especially health and communities
• Equality and Diversity
• Business Development
Living Sport is seeking Trustees to provide the strategic leadership necessary to develop Living Sport at an exciting time of transition and to ensure, through innovation and high performance delivery, it realises its potential.
This is a great opportunity to influence the way sport and physical activity is developed across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough - delivered to high quality and contributing to improving the health of our communities - whilst also developing the business of the charity.
Information for the role of Trustee
- Living Sport Board Members (Trustees) should have a passion for sport, physical activity and active living and a belief in its capacity to enhance and enrich at both an individual and community level, and across a range of social, community and health agendas.
- Provide leadership, inspiring partners and providing clear direction
- Energetically promote the benefits of sport and the role of Living Sport
- Influence the development of sport and active living from a sub-regional to local level
- Together with the Living Sport Chief Executive and staff develop strategy and business planning
- Ensure effective monitoring and reporting is in place
- Ensure that the Charity is fit for purpose at all times and a model of good practice in its governance
- Remain committed to serving the needs of its partners and the partnership
- Proven track record of leadership
- Well networked within sectors capable of influencing sport
- Good knowledge of sports / the benefits of sport gained through senior level professional or voluntary experience
- Demonstrable sustained interest in / passion for sport
- Ability to rapidly develop good relationships with colleagues on the Board and other sports / physical activity agencies
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Expertise of direct benefit to the development of Living Sport Knowledge
- An overview (or the ability to rapidly form one) of the range of organisations and elements that make up the world of sport and physical activity
- Knowledge and understanding of the public sector and formal sports structures
- Knowledge (or the ability to rapidly acquire it) of Government Policy on sport and physical activity, together with a commitment to keep this knowledge up-to-date
- Commitment to equal opportunities and to safeguarding and protecting children and young people in sport
- Respect and appreciation of the views of others
- Determination to bring further innovation, vigour and value to the area’s sport
- Commitment to partnership working
How to apply
Further information about the position including an application form please contact Simon Fairhall, Chief Executive, Living Sport on 07767 390516. Candidates are asked to complete an application form and attach a short CV and return by Monday 17 June.