Marketing & Communications Assistant
Salary: £18,000 - £21,000
Location: Milton Keynes
Table Tennis England is the National Governing Body for table tennis in England. Fundamentally we believe that table tennis has the ability to transform people’s lives and so we want to promote and make the sport accessible for everyone, providing them with the best possible experience.
At an elite level, our players are on the up with our largest ever medal haul at Commonwealth Games – two gold, two silver and two bronze. Our athletes are now working towards qualification for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics and securing an even bigger medal haul at the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham.
At a grassroots level, we’ve also got a number of exciting products launching in 2019 that aim to increase participation – one aimed at growing the number of young people in the sport and one aimed at engaging our non-member customer base through a brand new website called The Ping Pong Hub.
The role of the Marketing and Communications Assistant sits within the Operations Directorate. Reporting to the Customer Engagement Manager, you will be responsible for delivering engaging campaigns and content to both existing and new customers of Table Tennis England.
• Day-to-day implementation of the marketing strategy/plan, working closely with the marcomms team
• Content production: produce engaging and inspiring content for different segments across social media, website, PR activity, e-newsletter, and members, including articles, infographics, photos and videos
• Support the day-to-day management of the Table Tennis England digital channels, including social media, website and email marketing
• Support internal communications across Table Tennis England
• Monthly monitoring and evaluation of online activity (website, social media and email marketing), aligned to agreed objectives and key performance indicators
• Product marketing for merchandise, courses and training programmes
• Event marketing, including campaign creation, ticket promotion and sales monitoring, live streaming, social media, video filming and editing
• Perform any other relevant duties as and when required by Table Tennis England
• Self-motivated, forward thinking and creative
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, verbal and written
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to plan and work logically
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Solution focused with the ability to think creatively
• Highly capable user of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Willing to work occasional extended hours and unsociable hours, including evenings and weekends
• A digital enthusiast with an appetite to keep up-to-date with developments in this area
• A great communicator with the ability to target communications to the different needs of a diverse table tennis community
• A can-do attitude and willingness to take on new challenges
• Graphic design skills and proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro
• Videography and video editing skills
• 1-2 years’ experience in a marketing/communications role
Status: Full time (2 year fixed term initially)
Please be aware that this job advertisement will close as soon as there are sufficient numbers of applicants.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 14 June 2019