Salary: Circa £20,000 per annum plus paid holiday, flexible working and benefits package
The Sport and Recreation Alliance believes that the power of sport and recreation can change lives and bring communities together. Together with our members and in partnership with the wider sector, we make the most of opportunities and tackle the areas that provide a challenge.
We provide advice, support and guidance to our members and the sector, who represent traditional governing bodies of games and sport, county sports partnerships, outdoor recreation, water pursuits, and movement and dance exercise. As the voice of the sector, we work with government, policy makers and the media to make sure grassroots sport and recreation grows and thrives. Having an active nation is important as it delivers huge benefits to society and the millions of participants, volunteers, staff and spectators.
‘A great place to work – some of the best things about working at the Sport and Recreation Alliance is the people. Everyone is so passionate and plays a part in helping achieve our strategy. They’re all really friendly and there are lots of opportunities to develop, volunteer, meet new people and socialise’. Eleanor Newton, Office Administrator.
We offer a very generous range of benefits including: pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, employee assistance programme, childcare voucher scheme, gym contributions, private healthcare, volunteering days and generous holiday entitlement. We are based in newly refurbished offices in the heart of London and adopt a flexible approach to working patterns. Come and work with us, we are nice!
Staff were asked at our recent staff survey to describe the organisation. The top five responses were: friendly, fun, caring, supportive and welcoming.
We are looking for an Office Administrator who has an appetite to assist and support the staff team to fulfil their roles and be fit to serve our members. If you have excellent communications and interpersonal skills, have a confident day to day understanding of ICT and are keen to develop knowledge and take responsibility for ICT, data and finance, please come and be part of our team. As part of a small corporate services team, you will be working with the Office and HR Manager and Director of Business Development and Corporate Services in developing our internal offering, including supporting the finance function, maintaining internal systems and making the Alliance a great place to work. Through these roles, you will get an insight into all aspects of the organisation including membership services and events, and the opportunity to manage the member room booking service.
This a busy role and represents a really good chance to learn and make your mark. The environment is very positive and fun as you would expect in a sporting organisation, but we work hard. As a member of our team, you’ll be doing everything you can to delivery our strategy. And we’ll be doing everything we can to support you every step of the way. We’re committed to helping all of our staff develop their skills and reach their full potential. From face-to face training to networking and volunteering – you’ll have all the opportunities you need to make the right moves for you. We know the postholder won’t start with expertise in all these areas and we will help develop your knowledge.
Please refer to the job description to see the main tasks and responsibilities. Meet the team at: https://www.sportandrecreation.org.uk/pages/meet-the-alliance-team
Administer and optimise the finance function, IT services and information management; and work with the Office & HR Manager and Director of Business Development and Corporate Services to help delivery of effective internal processes.
- Induct and support staff and Board members in key finance processes including practical demonstrations on financial systems such as making online expense claims.
- Administer the day to day finance and banking function including checking items in our online bank accounts, overseeing finance transactions, sales and purchase invoices, taking credit card payments and manage the accounts Inbox.
- Liaise with our outsourced accounting services provider and help answer their queries about transactions.
- In conjunction with the Director of Business Development and Corporate Services, support the annual audit process.
IT and information systems management
- Provide day to day IT support including troubleshooting; being the staff’s go-to guru and being a link with outsourced IT function.
- Under the outsourced IT function, serve as IT system administrator carrying out tasks within the office environment.
- Support the Office and HR Managing in onboarding and offboarding employees with IT requirements.
- Manage internal information storage systems including all shared drives information systems on sharepoint.
- In association with the outsourced IT function administer cyber security and GDPR compliance including coordination of GDPR internal practices and processes.
Operational efficiency and process improvement
- Manage the Alliance’s offer of meeting room hire including administering room bookings; also, look at ways of improving and promoting the offer.
- Be the main contact person for people hiring rooms and ensuring arrangements run smoothly during their hire
- Support the Office and HR Manager in support of the smooth running of the office including pro-actively managing stock levels of stationery, kitchen supplies, IT supplies, overseeing postal systems.
- Working with the Office and HR Manager, supporting Health and Safety requirements and leading staff to safe working practices.
- General administrative duties as required.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a highly motivated team.
- Confident in day to day understanding of ICT.
- Keenness to develop knowledge and to take responsibility for ICT, data and finance
- Sound knowledge of written English.
- Good level of numeracy.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office and sharepoint.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workloads and manage time efficiently.
- Interest in Sport and Recreation.
- Previous experience of office work and improvements in business efficiency.
How to apply
To apply, please send a completed Application Form and a covering letter outlining why you want the role and how you meet the role specifications to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Alex Wilkinson, Human Resources, Sport and Recreation Alliance, 5th Floor, Holborn Tower, 137-144 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6PL.
For an informal discussion about the role please email Alex Wilkinson at: email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Sunday 23 June.
Interviews will be held on Monday 1 July 2019.
Previous applicants need not apply.
The Sport and Recreation Alliance is committed to equal opportunities for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships. The Sport and Recreation Alliance is keen to further increase the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Prior to completing and submitting an application, please refer to our privacy notices on our website.
Recruitment Agencies - Please note we are only looking at direct sourcing for this role and if this were to change, we will contact our preferred agencies directly. Due to the volume of approaches we are receiving, we kindly ask that you refrain from inquiring about this role.