Development Officer (Northern region)
Location: West Midlands
British Showjumping, the National Governing Body for Showjumping in Britain, is currently seeking to appoint a Development Officer (Northern region). The focus of the role is to promote membership of the organisation within your region, and working closely with key organisers and volunteers, meet business objectives. The successful applicant will be a highly driven and self-motivated individual who is able to deliver against key objectives. They will join an existing team of Regional Development Officers to assist in the growth and development of the sport.
• Recruiting and retaining National, Club and Just for School’s British Showjumping Members.
• Liaising with Show Organisers in respect to calendar of show dates.
• Working closely with the Shows Department in the allocation of qualifiers.
• Overseeing the assessment and monitoring of affiliated venues across the Northern region, and ensuring standards are maintained.
• Actively identifying new venues, officials, volunteers and coaches as required.
• Facilitating and organising training for Showjumping.
• Promoting and managing of Academies in accordance with the national framework.
• Assisting in the organisation and running of officials, coaches and volunteer training.
• Ensuring CPD and assessments within the region are completed.
• Working closely with Area Representatives and committees to ensure effective running of the sport across the region.
• Monitoring Health and Safety aspects of shows, and ensuring that the welfare of the horse is paramount.
• Supporting the safeguarding of young and vulnerable persons within the sport.
• Working closely with other equestrian organisations and key partners (such as the BEF regional staff, member body staff/volunteers and county sports partnerships) to maximise joint initiatives and to access funding.
• Providing regular updates for the regional web pages and social media platforms.
• Supporting the promotion of British Showjumping and its activities.
• Providing information, advice and guidance on all aspects of Showjumping to those within the region.
• Attending and support key fixtures across the Northern region.
• Managing the budget; ensuring financial regulations are adhered to including effective planning, monitoring and reporting.
• Attending team and individual meetings.
• To assist with Stewarding at competitions when required.
How to apply
For full details of the post and how to apply, please click here.
Closing date for applications is 27 May 2019