Football Operations Officer
Salary: £18,000 per annum (plus casual car user allowance)
Our County Football Association:
Here at North Riding County FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing local grassroots football and supporting The FA in delivering the National Game strategy.
The shared values, vision and pride of our workforce is central to our success. We are a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of grass roots football in Teesside and North Yorkshire .We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
We are seeking to recruit a Football Operations Officer who will lead on the day to day financial management of the company. In addition to this the successful candidate will also support the administration
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage financial transactions including receipting, banking, petty cash, invoicing using SAGE accounting software and CRM
- Ensure accurate processing of monies for banking and produce the appropriate supporting financial reports
- Create invoices and keep accurate records of payments, contacting customers where payments have not been received
- Make payments on behalf of the CEO to all suppliers, tutors, Association Members etc
- Support the renewal process for sanction, affiliation and registration of League/Competitions/Associations/Clubs and Referees
- Administering the registration of players, the affiliation of Clubs and the sanctioning of Leagues utilising The FA’s IT systems
- Support with the assessment of League Competition Rules and sanctioning of tournaments
- Support the financial administration of the North Riding Football League
- Manage and administrate all County Cup competitions;
- Assist with the production and accurate processing of Cup Competition charges and fines
- Ensure all mandatory health and safety duties are carried out within the appropriate timeframe
- Report and concerns regarding health and safety to the Football Operations Manager
- Attend mandatory safeguarding training/updates as required by the Minimum Operating Standards
- Ensure that all safeguarding concerns are escalated to the Football Operations Manager or Chief Executive where the FOM is unavailable
- Monitor Club Safeguarding Compliance using FA IT Systems; taking action or reporting issues where necessary
Who we are looking for:
- Knowledge of SAGE and / or XERO Accounting.
- Proven track record of providing high levels of customer service.
- Significant experience of using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook in a previous role.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of inclusion, equality and anti – discrimination, safeguarding and best practice
- Experience of working with IT software to support the delivery of customer service.
- Knowledge of The FA National Game Strategy
- Knowledge of the grassroots football infrastructure
- Knowledge of FA Rules and Regulations
- Administration / Customer service qualification
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic sports organisation.
- A competitive salary and a range of benefits for the right candidate.
The successful applicant will need to be passionate and committed to the development of football at a local level; be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. They will need to demonstrate exceptional customer service, be able to work as part of a team with excellent planning, communication and presentation skills.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk of harm. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We expect relevant staff to undertake an FA DBS Enhanced level with a check of the children’s barred list and we expect all staff to sign and adhere to a code of conduct.
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter marked ‘Private and Confidential’ to: Chief Executive, North Riding County Football Association, Broughton Road, Stokesley, TS9 5NY or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
North Riding County FA promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
Closing date for applications is 24 May 2019