Football Development Officer
Salary: £24,500 per annum (plus casual car user allowance)
Our County Football Association:
Here at North Riding County FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing local grassroots football and supporting The FA in delivering the National Game strategy.
The shared values, vision and pride of our workforce is central to our success. We are a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of grass roots football in Teesside and North Yorkshire .We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
We are seeking to recruit a Football Development Officer who will lead on the delivery of our recreational football offer in addition to our Women & Girls and Disability programmes.
What you’ll be doing:
- To provide or facilitate the development of other formats of adult football that reflect changing participant behaviour and expectations. This to include but not be limited to Small Sided Football, Walking Football & Futsal
- To drive participation growth via The FA Mars Just Play programme by engaging a wide range of stakeholders and targeting a variety of participant groups based upon local demand
- Lead on the delivery of a network of Flexible Football Leagues across the county
- To support CFA engagement via improved data gathering, research & insight and targeted communications
- Work strategically to align current and future disability football provision, ensuring an integrated approach across the County FA, local Premier League and English Football League Trust Club networks, alongside key partners from across the disability, health, education and community & voluntary sectors
- Retain and grow the number of affiliated disability football teams with a particular emphasis on the growth of youth and female teams within Charter Standard Club structures
- Strategically coordinate the delivery of a network of registered disability recreational football centres for male and females across all age groups
- Develop and support leagues and clubs that are safe and inclusive of disabled participants through delivery of a programme of services ensuring modern, fit for purpose league and club structures are in place
- Deliver a comprehensive workforce plan that supports disability football across coaches, referees, volunteers and young leaders and is inclusive of disabled people
- Lead and deliver against the disability talent development programme within the County
Women & Girls
- Lead, manage and implement the Women and Girls priorities as highlighted within the county plan
- Ensure the female offer is inclusive and diverse to the communities that you serve
- Work collaboratively with, and through, local strategic networks within education and the community to support the growth and retention of players driven through key FA programmes
- Strategically recruit, manage and retain, SSE Wildcats Centres in line with county targets. Lead and manage a part-time workforce to support the retention of these centres
- Support clubs and leagues to grow and retain teams and create a female friendly environment
- Create, maintain and communicate an inclusive player pathway for Women and Girls through; education, recreation, competition and talent to support growth and retention KPIs
- Support Regional Talent Centres with business planning, facilitation events (where appropriate), build relationships with local girls stakeholders
Safeguarding & Welfare
- Attend mandatory safeguarding training/updates as required by the Minimum Operating Standards
- Ensure that all safeguarding concerns are escalated to the Football Operations Manager or Chief Executive where the FOM is unavailable
- Monitor Club Safeguarding Compliance using FA IT Systems; taking action or reporting issues where necessary
Who we are looking for:
- Graduate/ Graduate calibre
- Experience of Sports / Football Development
- Ability to work strategically with partner organisations to deliver programmes and courses
- Proven track record of providing high levels of customer service.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of inclusion, equality and anti – discrimination, safeguarding and best practice
- Driving licence
- Knowledge of The FA National Game Strategy
- Knowledge of the grassroots football infrastructure
- Knowledge of FA Rules and Regulations
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic sports organisation.
- A competitive salary and a range of benefits for the right candidate.
The successful applicant will need to be passionate and committed to the development of football at a local level; be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. They will need to demonstrate exceptional customer service, be able to work as part of a team with excellent planning, communication and presentation skills.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk of harm. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We expect relevant staff to undertake an FA DBS Enhanced level with a check of the children’s barred list and we expect all staff to sign and adhere to a code of conduct.
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter marked ‘Private and Confidential’ to: Chief Executive, North Riding County Football Association, Broughton Road, Stokesley, TS9 5NY or email to email@example.com
North Riding County FA promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
Closing date for applications is 24 May 2019