Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Officer
Salary: Currently no remuneration available
The BKC is a non-profit organisation, with a Board of Directors which consists of senior members and representatives from a variety of Kickboxing associations and an Executive Board made up of sector specialists and passionate supporters of our sport. Our immediate goal is the recognition of Kickboxing under the Sports Councils and to gain official National Governing Body status for the BKC. To that end, we have been working for nearly 10 years to create a system of governance, guidance and support for the sport, agreeing upon its direction and development by way of democratic processes which aim to give control over the sport to the sport itself.
About The Role
As Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Officer, you will champion the inclusive nature of both the BKC and the sport of Kickboxing. Although the role is not completely autonomous, as decisions which impact either the sport or the BKC must be put to a vote, your voice will be heard at AGMs, EGMs and regular ongoing discussions regarding the governance of the BKC, and you will be given the chance to propose and manage your own projects.
● Performing Diversity Audits of the Board and the sport as a whole to determine areas in need of development and methods by which diversity in Kickboxing can be improved
● Ensuring the validity of the BKC's Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policies and procedures, especially in regard to compliance with the Voluntary Code of Good Governance and other sporting governance codes
● Ensuring that the above are implemented across the organisation and promulgated throughout its membership - Liaising with the Chairman, Secretary and other Standards Board members to ensure collaborative delivery of all duties
● Forming and coordinating an Equality and Diversity committee/team where necessary
● Liaising and coordinating with external organisations such as the English Federation of Disability Sport, UK Deaf Sport, Women's Sports Network, Pride Sport and the Sports Councils to ensure effective delivery of both their and the BKC's projects regarding Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
● Formulating, planning and delivering internal initiatives aimed at improving Equality, Diversity and Inclusion within the sport and the BKC itself (this includes Board Members, Committee Members, Officials, Coaches, Athletes and Participants at all levels of the sport and across all disciplines)
We are looking for someone with experience of the challenges faced by sporting bodies with regards to ensuring diversity and inclusion at all levels from grassroots to boardroom, as well as the challenges faced by both groups and individuals in engaging with sporting bodies.
The ability to evaluate the current state of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion within Kickboxing in the UK is essential, as is the ability to put forward a plan to combat any issues or failing raised by these audits.
There are many organisations within the sporting sector and outside it which work to provide support, guidance and coordinated opportunities for athletes, clubs and governing bodies alike. Our prospective EDIO would be responsible for creating and maintaining lasting relationships between the BKC and these organisations.
Time Commitment And Location All Board members (Executive, Non-Executive, Directors and Officers) volunteer what time they can. We hold a face-to-face AGM, alongside regular (at least monthly) remote meetings with members of the Board and relevant Committees. Attendance at these meetings is expected, where possible, in addition to self-managed work and coordination with other members of the BKC.
The term is 3 years, with a maximum of 3 terms for the role. Remuneration There are currently no remuneration packages for any Board members or Officers of the BKC, although some expenses are covered where appropriate. As the BKC and the roles with in it grow, this policy will be reviewed.
● Diversity Audits
● Change Management
● Organisational Development
● Policy Development
How to apply
For more information and how to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 1 September 2019