Finance Non Executive Director
Location: South West
Pentathlon GB is moving into an exciting and transformational period with the new strategy for Modern Pentathlon now written and the Olympic Games in Rio on the horizon. An opportunity exists to become Pentathlon GB Finance Non Executive Director. The role offers a rare opportunity to work with an ambitious, progressive National Governing Body most known for its long history of producing medal winning athletes. The role is unremunerated and candidates should anticipate spending 3 days per month including attendance at Board meetings and Committees.
1. Membership of one of UK accountancy bodies – ICAEW, ICAS, ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA. Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary organisations.
2. Good financial analysis skills.
3. Ability to communicate clearly.
4. An interest in Modern Pentathlon and/or its constituent disciplines
5. Knowledge of and interest in the UK sporting landscape Responsibilities
6. As a member of the Board, oversee the financial affairs of PGB and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
7. In partnership with the CEO ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
8. Monitor and report regularly to the Board on the financial health of PGB.
9. Oversee with the Finance & Governance Committee the production of necessary statutory financial statements, and other financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
10. Chair the Finance & Governance Committee.
11. Approve quarterly Management accounts and present them to Board
12. Liaise with PGB auditors (currently haysmacintyre) in advance of and after annual audits of MPAGB
13. Regularly report the financial position at Board meetings (balance sheet, cash flow, fundraising performance etc.).
14. In conjunction with CEO, oversee the production of an annual budget and operational plan and propose its adoption by the Board.
15. In conjunction with the CEO, help to ensure PGB’s compliance with the UK Sport Code of Governance.
16. Oversee the system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over all PGB financial activities.
17. Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place.
18. Appraise the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
How to apply
To express an interest or for an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact the Chair, David Armstrong, in the first instance by email – email@example.com.
Interested applicants should send a CV and any further relevant information to Emma Russell on firstname.lastname@example.org at their earliest opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 13 May 2019