Salary: Voluntary (Expenses Paid)
Location: South East
Could you play a part in enriching the lives of Surrey residents through the power of physical activity? An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen for two new Board Members with the experience needed to drive the expansion of Active Surrey, the county’s not-for-profit Active Partnership.
If you are passionate and ambitious about how increasing physical activity levels can bring wider health, social and economic benefits, and want to turn our vision into reality, then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for people with leadership qualities and the passion to make a difference to people’s lives to join the Active Surrey Board. Ideally, we would like applications from those with the suitable experience, knowledge or skills to lead the Board’s thinking around any of the following three priority areas:
- Enabling people with disabilities or long-term health conditions to be more active.
- Using the power of physical activity to positively impact on mental health.
- Developing the commercial mindset of an innovative and not-for-profit organisation.
Evidence shows that active people live more enriched lives and are healthier, happier and more prosperous. As the local lead agency for physical activity and sport, Active Surrey has a key role in ensuring this happens. Our mission is to enrich lives through physical activity by influencing, developing and enabling in an innovative, inspiring and impactful way. We have a strong track record but we want to do even more for our residents and partners.
For full details of the role, please visit the “About us” section of www.activesurrey.com to download the recruitment pack.
Key requirements of Board Members include:
- Demonstrate the ability to work at a high level in either business, health, education, marketing, public engagement, customer services, fundraising or the not-for-profit / voluntary sector.
- An understanding of the issues affecting why people do, or do not, take part in physical activity.
- Experience of involvement with boards, committees or collaborative decision-making is desirable.
- Either live or work in Surrey.
These voluntary positions are non-executive and not salaried, but reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
How to apply
The Board appointments panel is running the selection process and the closing date for applications and interview dates are listed below. Application will be by CV and an accompanying statement/cover letter (max 2 sides of A4) explaining your interest and motivation in applying and what you believe you can contribute to Active Surrey. Please send these to email@example.com
We are committed to achieving gender parity and greater diversity generally on our Board and encourage applicants from all backgrounds; we particularly welcome applications from disabled people and from black, Asian and minority ethnic people, who are under-represented in our workforce. For an informal conversation about the positions, contact Board Chair, Richard Gray (07970 643520; (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Director, Campbell Livingston (email@example.com).
Closing Date for all applications is Noon, Friday 31 May 2019
Interview dates: Week beginning Monday 10 June 2019 (in Woking)