Commonwealth Games Team Leader
Salary: Voluntary Position (Expenses Paid)
Location: National Travel
Swim England is the national governing body for swimming in England. We help people learn how to swim, enjoy the water, and compete in our sports of swimming, diving, water polo and synchronised swimming.
We are seeking a Commonwealth Games Team Leader to join our team on a fixed term basis until 31 October 2022.
This is an exciting opportunity working within the Sport Development Directorate at Swim England, you will be responsible for leading the Swimming and Para Swimming team at the Commonwealth Games 2022. You will be responsible for pre-Games planning, building a multi-disciplinary team with an inclusive and high performing culture, leading athlete selection, dealing with the media and managing the post-Games period. You will lead a high performing team to deliver podium success that inspires the aquatic community and the wider public.
The successful candidate must:
- Have experience of leading high performance sport teams at international events
- Be able to achieve objectives through effective strategic and operational planning
- Have excellent knowledge of international swimming (inc. rules)
- Be able to make clear-minded decisions in pressurised situations
Find out more about us – the Swim England family - and what we do here: http://www.swimming.org
So if you feel you have the suitable skills and attributes for this position then we would like to hear from you.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to inclusion and embrace the spirit of all equalities legislation. Where possible we will always make reasonable adjustments for accessibility to anyone who requires it.
Please be advised that we cannot offer visa sponsorship and that you must have right to work status to apply or be considered for this role. If you are a non UK/EU National, you must have an appropriate working Visa to undertake employment.
How to apply
- Click here (https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6S6Y8YG) to complete our Application statement.
- Send your CV and cover letter outlining the skills and experience you can bring to this role referring to the advert, person specification and job description to email@example.com
This should include any personal interests and unpaid activities. Include as much detail as possible to support your application, we receive hundreds of applications so make yours stand out! (We would recommend at least 300 words.)
Applications received without all elements above will not be considered for shortlisting.
Closing date for applications is 26 April 2019. Applications after this time will not be considered
Interview date: provisionally 28 May