Football Development Officer (Lead role for Women & Girls)
Salary: Circa £24,000 + Benefits (Fixed term post with funding secured up until June 2021)
Our Vision: Improving Lives by Improving Football
Our Mission: To create a dynamic, member-focussed organisation that over exceeds in delivering safe, fun and inclusive football ForALL
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at Birmingham County Football Association. We are requesting applications for a highly motivated team player who has a proven track record in sports development to deliver and successful attain the County FA’s National Game targets and Business Plan objectives. This role is specifically centred on pro-actively improving and increasing football opportunities for Women & Girls.
The principle responsibilities will be:
- Lead, plan and implement the Womens and Girls football strategy within the County Operational Plan to meet key performance indicators that support retention and show positive growth in participation across the female pathway using positive interventions and new initiatives
- Work collaboratively with affiliated Clubs & Leagues to influence the effective delivery of sustainable female affiliated football/futsal inc recreational and flexible formats
- Support the FA’s key Women & Girls initiatives at a local level by utilising strong strategic networks and partners within the community and education sectors
- Strategically recruit & manage the SSE Wildcats Centres in line with county targets. Lead a part-time mentor workforce to support the year on year retention of Wildcat centres
- Support Regional Talent Centres with their business planning, facilitation of events (where appropriate); build robust relationships with local women & girls stakeholders
- Work strategically with Leagues, partner organisations and wider community groups to deliver the overall business plan objectives and BCFA Vision
- Work flexibly across the County Football Association to understand and support all business functions as and when required by the Senior Football Development Officer, Football Development Manager & Senior Leadership Team
- Contribute to positively raising the profile and the perception of the County Football Association delivering our customer excellence strategy and demonstrating the values & behaviours of the organisation (outlined below)
- Work with the PR & Promotions team to keep designated web site pages current. Embrace the impact of digital marketing across all platforms to increase the awareness and engagement of specific initiatives coupled with other business services
- Analyse and use national and local data & insight to design and implement customer focused initiatives linked to individual and team work programmes and growth targets
- To support the County Football Association in its commitment to safeguarding young people & vulnerable adults
- To have an understanding and awareness of Equality & Inclusion best practice relating to a sporting environment in order to increase female BAME and disability participation
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Luke Bowles on 0121 357 4278 ext. 214. All successful candidates will undertake an enhanced DBS check.
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter along with a completed EQUALITY & DIVERSITY SURVEY with details of your current salary marked “Private and Confidential” to: Business Planning Manager, Birmingham County FA, Ray Hall Lane, Great Barr, Birmingham, B43 6JF or via email to Richard.Lindsay@birminghamfa.com stating in the subject line of your email ‘Ref: Football Development Officer vacancy’.
Closing date for all applications is Tuesday 16 April 2019, 5.00pm
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 24 April 2019 at Birmingham County Football Association.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful. Unfortunately we are not able to provide feedback to applicants at application stage.