Programme Officer Dont Lose Your Way
Salary: £27,000 – £32,000 p.a. (depending on experience)
Contract: Fixed Term - 24 months from start date (with potential for extension – subject to funding)
Location: Vauxhall, London
This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity. There are thousands of miles of historic paths in England and Wales which are not on the map. These paths need to be registered by January 2026 or they will be lost forever. The Don’t Lose Your Way (DLYW) Programme is focused on ensuring that the Ramblers make the most of this opportunity to safeguard historic public rights for future generations to enjoy.
Working in a small team within the Advocacy and Engagement division, the DLYW programme is one of our most exciting and important campaigns. Now the programme is moving swiftly into its implementation phase, which includes the roll out of a new digital tool that will enable volunteers to more easily identify and apply for historic routes to be added to the map.
At its heart, this role is about managing existing volunteers to deliver the campaign aims and engaging a new wave of volunteers to take part. As a new and fast moving programme, finding the right tools, resources, support and volunteers to deliver on objectives will all be essential.
Essential Requirements include:
• Experience of managing volunteers in an organisational setting and an understanding of volunteer motivation and needs.
• Experience of providing advice and support to volunteers, ideally in an IT support or casework context.
• Confident and comfortable using online systems, being able to support others in their use.
• Problem-solving skills with a solutions-focussed approach and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Strong communicator both in written correspondence and in front of wider audiences.
• Experience of presenting complex information tailored to specific audiences or individuals.
• Good analytical skills and ability to interpret complex information.
• Team player, with demonstrable ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Commitment to ensuring that knowledge and skills are up-to-date and a strong dedication to their own personal development.
• Facility to work flexible and unsocial hours including weekends as and when required.
• Understanding of, or a willingness to learn about issues related to the Ramblers’ agenda and rights of way.
The Ramblers are an equal opportunities employer. We warmly welcome applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community and aim to promote diversity.
How to apply
The job profile can be found here: Job Pack – Programme Officer – Don’t Lose Your Way
Application is by CV, covering letter and EO monitoring form here
Completed forms or applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 17 April 2019
Interview date: 29 April 2019 to 06 May 2019