Football Development Officer (West)
Salary: £28,000 - £29,000 per annum
Location: Middlesex FA Offices with regular travel across the County Area West – Harrow, Hillingdon & Spelthorne
Responsible for developing, managing and monitoring a local development plan with partners for all of football within a number of local authority areas. Identify and establish effective relationships with key local partners who can assist in the delivery of football objectives. Will be accountable for the delivery of key performance indicators within a specific geographical area and enable partners to deliver towards shared goals and outcomes within those areas. Lead key projects as requested in line with the delivery of the Middlesex FA strategic plan.
• To develop and support a sustainable plan for growth and quality delivery in each local authority area aligned to the Middlesex FA strategic plan and FA National Game strategy
• Manage a local delivery budget to be used towards delivering key performance indicators
• Working with the FA and partners to maximise insight and research knowledge to deliver programmes and services to customers that meet their expectations
• Identify relevant local and national partners who can deliver towards shared targets and objectives:
• Provide an enhanced football offer for women and girls
• Engage, support and develop clubs and leagues to maintain and grow 11-a-side football
• Promote and support clubs to gain and maintain quality accreditations; FA Charter Standard, safeguarding compliance and RESPECT campaigns
• Engage with local delivery partners to deliver sustainable recreational football opportunities
• Source additional funding to be invested into football
• Support partners to promote their football offer.
• Support the Associations Walking football programmes
• Support Head of Participation & Development with local football facility plans
• Support the Disability Officer to provide an enhanced disability offer across the county.
• Work with the Workforce Development Manager to provide enhanced support to coaches, volunteers and referees.
• Regular monitoring and evaluation of delivery and its impact
• Creation of steering groups in Local Authority areas engaging all local partners
• Be the appointed lead for project areas supporting the team to deliver with quality across their geographical locations – Adult Football / Futsal
• To be an ambassador for Middlesex FA positively promoting the sport and those that work and volunteer within it
• Support across the team with safeguarding issues and concerns
How to apply
If you wish to apply, please ensure that your completed application form is submitted to me by 5pm on Monday 22 April in an envelope addressed for my personal attention and marked ‘Private and Confidential’ or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that you will be informed by Tuesday 23 April if you have been short listed for interview. Only candidates invited to interview will be contacted, unsuccessful candidates will not be contacted.
The interview date is Tuesday 30 April 2019.