Diving Legacy Officer – West Midlands
Salary: £26,700 - £28,740 dependent on experience
Location: Based in the West Midlands with regular travel to Sport Park, Loughborough and potentially national travel
Swim England is the national governing body for swimming in England. We help people learn how to swim, enjoy the water, and compete in our sports of swimming, diving, water polo and synchronised swimming.
Are you passionate about diving and highly motivated to lead an exciting diving project in the West Midlands in the run up to Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games? We are seeking a Diving Legacy Officer to join our team to develop diving participation the West Midlands Region.
This is an exciting opportunity working within the Sport Development Directorate as part of a busy Volunteering and Pathways team responsible for driving the development of diving and the other aquatic disciplines.
Reporting to the Head of Volunteering and Pathways, you will be responsible for leading a project to develop grassroots level diving activity in West Midlands. This project is a significant part of the Commonwealth Games legacy in the region and aims to maximise the potential for the purpose built 10m facility in Sandwell. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating well governed and sustainable activity which will feed into the new facility and continue to grow after the games have finished.
This role will also act as maternity cover for the National Development Officer – Diving. There will therefore also be an element of day to day club support to our existing diving clubs nationally and the administration and promotion of established programmes such a START Diving and Diving Development Centres. You will be expected to direct investment accordingly to support these projects and support the development in the West Midlands.
The successful candidate must:
- Be passionate about diving with experience in the sport
- Be able to inspire children and parents to engage in the sport through well prepared presentations
- Have significant experience working with a varied cohort of stakeholders such as Local Authorities, operators and partners to push forward a project
- Have knowledge of the Swim England Diving pathway
- Demonstrate strong administration skills
- Be a great communicator on behalf of Swim England, the West Midlands Region, and Sandwell Community Trust
- Be highly motivated and able to work to deadlines
Find out more about us – the Swim England family - and what we do here: http://www.swimming.org
If you feel you have the suitable skills and attributes for this position then we would like to hear from you.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are committed to inclusion and embrace the spirit of all equalities legislation. Where possible we will always make reasonable adjustments for accessibility to anyone who requires it.
Please be advised that we cannot offer visa sponsorship and that you must have right to work status to apply or be considered for this role. If you are a non UK/EU National, you must have an appropriate working Visa to undertake employment.
To apply for this role please:
- Click here (https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6S6Y8YG) to complete our Application statement.
- Send your CV and cover letter outlining the skills and experience you can bring to this role referring to the advert, person specification and job description to firstname.lastname@example.org
This should include any personal interests and unpaid activities. Include as much detail as possible to support your application, we receive hundreds of applications so make yours stand out! (We would recommend at least 300 words.)
Applications received without all elements above will not be considered for shortlisting.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 24 March at midnight. Applications after this time will not be considered
Interviews will take place on Monday 1 April – you will be notified if you have been successful for interview by Thursday 28 March