About London Sport:
We are here to help physical activity and sport to work better in London. Our vision is to make London the most physically active city in the world
The future health of our capital relies on hundreds of different organisations working better together. Between us, we need to improve the opportunities for Londoners to lead an active life by being more collaborative, more efficient, more diverse and more innovative.
We are here to help others do just that. As the first stop shop for physical activity and sport in London, it is our job to bring everyone together, to put London’s Blueprint for a Physically Active City into action, and to help make London a stronger community for everyone.
Purpose of the post:
At its heart, the Insight Officer post is all about supporting London Sport teams and external partners, gathering information and providing an evidence base to help make the decisions that take us towards our vision.
The post will involve an exciting variety of organisational insight work. Day to day tasks will include research and project management, facilitation and interviewing, conducting data analysis, creating reports, using software packages to visualise data, and playing an active role in the engagement of internal and external stakeholders to disseminate evidence and findings.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Deliver quantitative and qualitative research incorporating online and offline techniques. This will primarily include survey-based research, with further potential for online communities, mobile ethnography, focus groups, interviews and workshops.
- Carry out data analysis and reporting with emphasis on impact measurement and evaluation working with internal and external teams to explore and understand the impact of projects and activities.
- Compile, monitor and analyse London Sport data and other secondary sources to improve understanding of physical activity and sport in London.
- Support London Sport teams and partners, to make insight-led decisions by making insight and research more accessible, and by helping them to improve their capabilities in the research and insight field.
- Develop software skills to support our capacity to visualise data, including use of Tableau and Microsoft Power BI to share progress on KPIs, ArcGIS to map demographic information, and Adobe Illustrator to create infographics.
- To provide an excellent customer service to internal and external partners through effective project management
- To produce clear and simple communications and present research findings in a visually engaging format with clear and actionable recommendations.
- To be proactive in undertaking self-development, to ensure continuous learning through identifying and attending relevant training, development and ‘on-the-job’ opportunities to develop appropriate skills and knowledge.
- To continually seek best practice and strive to identify and implement service improvements.
- To undertake other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Insight & Performance and Insight Manager.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please send an equality and diversity monitoring form, and completed application form to email@example.com by 23:59 Sunday 24 March 2019.